85. Morning of the End

AUTHOR'S POV:

Erwin was sitting in his office, deep in thoughts when he suddenly found himself at the Paths.

After hearing Eren's declaration, Erwin stood up and walked up to the window. 'He did it...'
.

It was evening time.

Levi and Hange were at the Forest of giant trees, sitting on the ground, infront of a tent.

"What do you think is happening right now, Levi?" Hange asked, bored. "Half a day has passed..."

"Who knows." Levi replied. "May be Marleyans have arr-"

Suddenly, both of them were at the paths.

After Eren's declaration, they returned to the real world again.

"What was that..." Hange said with wide eyes. "Eren has started the Rumbling..."

"That means Marley must have attacked Paradise." Levi said. "I am just concerned about our forces."

Hange stood up. "Let's do what Eren wanted us to do."

Levi nodded and stood up.
.
.

At a distant forest, an injured Magath and Pieck, sitting on Cart titan, were looking up at the sky as two Marleyan airship were heading back to Marley.

"Judging from their direction and speed, the ships are withdrawing straight back to Marley." Pieck said. "They probably think we Marleyan forces won't make it back alive after seeing the rumbling."

"No, it's a smart move." Magath said, holding his injured shoulder. "Now they can let the rest of the nation know about the situation as fast as possible. It's far better than just waiting for those things to crush us all."

"But now there's nothing more we can do." Pieck said with a gloomy look. The she looked at Magath. "Do you have any plans on how to stop them?"

Magath looked down. "No."
.

From their right, Hange and Levi were approaching them.
.

"But we'll keep our pathetic struggle til the end." Magath said.

Hange brought her hand up. "Umm..."

Pieck and Magath looked at them with wide eyes.

Suddenly, the Cart titan charged forward to eat them.

"Please wait!" Hange said in a panic and the Cart titan stopped. "Just don't eat us, okay? We don't have any weapons on us right now."

Magath pointed his gun at them.

"Let's have a talk like normal humans do, okay?" Hange said with a awkward smile.

Magath put his gun down and walked up to the ground.

"My goal is to kill Zeke." Levi said. "Our interest aligns. Theo Magath, Pieck Finger."

Pieck looked at them with a very gloomy look.

"Levi Ackerman." Magath said after a moment of silence. "I've heard your skill rivaled even that of the Nine Titans." He raised his gun. "But I believe, I can easily kill you now with a bullet."

"I can dodge every bullet you fire at me." Levi said. "I can easily kill you two without even your knowledge. But still, I am standing before you, asking for your help. Will you shoot and get killed or listen? It's up to you."

Magath lowered his gun. "Then let me ask you before shoot. You said you'd kill Zeke. Where is he right now?"

Hange leaned forward a bit. "I believe Eren has absorbed him so he can make use of his Royal Blood. Or should I say, the Founding Titan absorbed him."