103. Just the Two of Us

AUTHOR'S POV:

As years passed by, Edric and Mieko's friendship grew stronger.

One by one, they met their friends from their past lives.

Their friends' past versions and reincarnated versions were not different in facial structure and behaviour so it wasn't hard for Edric and Mieko to recognise them.
.

Mieko wasn't a badass person as she was in her previous life rather she still had a shy and happy personality.

As per Edric, he was a calm person but he'd get defensive if it comes to Mieko.

He was a bit overprotective towards Mieko as Mikasa was towards Eren.

It's not that Mieko would get irritated with his overprotectiveness rather she would always appreciate that.

Both of them were in love with eachother but they were afraid to confess, in fear that the other's feelings might have changed.

Even if they weren't together, they were always clingy towards eachother like their past selves, Eren and Mikasa were.

Anytime the other one was going through something, the another one would always be there for them.

With that, nine years passed by and they still remained best friends.

Recently, Edric, Mieko, Aart and their friends graduated from Erwin High school with good scores.
.
.
.

It was night time.

Mieko was laying on her bed, throwing and catching her mobile phone, deep in thoughts. 'Edric seems to be off lately... I wonder if he's going through something?' She let out a sigh. 'I can't see him like that.' She sat up on her bed. 'On top of that... I've to find a way to confess my love to him.' She blushed at the thought. 'I don't want to make the same mistake from the past. But...' She looked down. 'What if he doesn't feel the same way and rejects me...?' She put her phone aside and closed her eyes. 'Uh... It's been killing me... What if he ends our friendship over this?'

She opened her eyes and picked her phone. "Screw this! I've to take the initiative before it's too late."

She stood up and went towards her balcony. 'I should call him now.'

Once she arrived at her balcony, she opened Edric's contact on her phone.

Just then, she felt someone's presence in her right.

She turned to her right to see Edric there, standing on his balcony, staring up at the moon with a tired look.

Mieko smiled and put her phone down. "Hey Eric!" She waved.

Edric gapsed slightly. Then he smiled and turned to her. "Miki hey!" He went towards the edge of his balcony.

Mieko went towards her's. "Stargazing?"

"No. More like moon gazing." Edric said. "If that's even a word." He chuckled.

Mieko giggled. "Well, it is now that you said it."

Edric chuckled. "So, what are you doing?"

"Well, nothing." Mieko replied. "Just thinking about life and stuff."

"Oh." Edric said then raised an eyebrow. "Why it seems like you're trying to say something?"

"Huh?" Mieko said.

Edric smiled. "Just say it, Miki."

Mieko looked away a bit. "Uh..." She looked at Edric. "Would you like to go on a walk to the park now?"