100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The person, dreaming was kneeling in front of the lifeless body of a black haired girl who had a red scarf wrapped around her.

"I promise that I will wrap this scarf around you in our next life..." The person said while tears rolled down his face. "I will find you somehow... It's my promise that I will keep anyhow... Even if it will take me 2000 years..."
.
.
.

"Edric! Edric!" Cassandra Yachmann, Edric's mother called out, shaking his shoulder. "Wake up!"

A nine years old boy with brown hair and green eyes, Edric Yachmann slowly opened his eyes and groaned. "Mom...?" He slowly sat up in his bed, pulling off the blanket.

Cassandra back off a bit and let out a sigh. "It's about time you wake-" She stopped as she glanced at Edric's face. She reached out and gently grabbed his face. "Edric, why are you crying?" She asked with concern.

"Huh?" Edric said, confused. Then he touched his tear strained face.

Cassandra gently wiped his tears.

Edric held his head. "It just feels like... I was having a really long dream."

Cassandra sat up beside him and patted his back. "Do you remember it?" She softly asked.

Edric closed his eyes, still holding his head. "It was like... I was promising someone that I'll..." He shook his head. "I don't remember it clearly..."

"It's just a random dream, Edric." Cassandra said.

Edric just nodded and removed his hands from his head.

"Anyways, you should get changed and be prepared for the day." Cassandra said.

Edric looked at her, confused. "Why? Isn't it sunday? I want to sleep some more!"

"You've slept enough, Edric!" Cassandra said.

Edric looked ahead and let out a sigh.

"Get changed, Edric. Two old friends of mine and your Dad's are visiting us today." Cassandra said. "And also, they will move in next door of us."

Edric nodded. "Okay...?"

Cassandra smiled. "They have a daughter your age, Mieko."

Edric looked at her. "Mieko?" He said, confused. "What kind of name is that?"

"Well, my friend Akari is from Old Hizuru." Cassandra said. "So, she gave her daughter a Hizuruan name, Mieko."

Edric nodded.

Cassandra smiled. "You should get along with her, Edric."

"It depends on how she acts." Edric said with an attitude.

Cassandra frowned. "This is why you have got only one friend."

Edric didn't reply and just looked ahead, trying to remember his dream.

Cassandra let out a sigh and stood up. "Ok Edric." She turned to him. "You should finish your morning routine now."

Edric nodded.

He stood up and stretched while Cassandra left his room.

Edric turned around and reached out to fold his blanket. 'Mieko...'
.
.
.

The Yachmann family's house was situated in a quite neighbourhood at the Yeager city of New Shiganshina.

New Shiganshina was the largest state of Paradise.