Chapter 4

Hobi POV

"Y/N" I tested out, deciding that it was the perfect name for her.

I could hardly contain my excitement, we hadn't got this close to a potential owner in months.

Most people that came in here were not looking for a pack. They wanted to be able to pick who they could take home, and packs couldn't be separated. So if they only wanted one of the pack, or wanted all of the pack except for some, it couldn't work.

Packs also meant more than one hybrid, which meant more than one mouth to feed. It was obviously more expensive. This had left a lot of packs in the shelter, waiting, hoping, for a long time.

The fact that there was a potential owner in our room right now was insane. It filled me with so much hope, we could be getting a home! We could be in a nice warm bed that's just for us. Have our own little space in her house. The 3 of us could finally settle.

The 3 of us... the thought brought my mind back to the alpha of our pack, still hiding, out of sight. I felt a bit guilty about our plan, it would look like we were trying to trick a new owner. But we weren't sure how much longer we could stay here in this shelter. We needed a new approach.

It was a fairly simple plan: I stay in human form and work my charm. Not to brag, but I was definitely the most charming and confident of us. Jimin could be charming for sure, but he tended to be a bit shy at first around new people. So he would stay in cat form to show people his cute, small, fluffy form.

Our alpha however... well he sometimes came off as a bit cold, and his animal form wasn't exactly small and cute and fluffy. He was the best alpha any pack could ask for, but it was best he stayed out of sight for a little while.

"So..." a voice cut me out of my thoughts. "How long have you guys been together?"

Her sweet voice sent a tingle down my spine. Surely this had to be a dream. A beautiful young lady, here in our room, talking to us.

She even smelled good. I couldn't smell a bad bone in her body. She smelled like honey, and a bit of cinnamon. Warm and comforting.

Don't mess this up Hobi.

"We've been a pack for nearly 10 years" I replied, and her eyes widened in shock.

"Wow, that's- that's a long time" she looked between me and Jimin, and quickly glanced around the room again, no doubt looking for the third member.
"You guys must know each other inside and out"

I nodded at this, it was true. We knew each other very well now.

"Do you want to adopt us?" I said as sweetly and innocently as possible. It looked like it was working. She bit her bottom lip and looked like she was having an internal struggle. She looked like she was almost about to cave.

"We really would be the best hybrids!"

"It's not that, it's just..."

Y/N POV

"It's not that, it's just..." I mumbled and looked at the floor for a second, meeting Hobi's eyes again.

I didn't think I could find it in me to say no to them. But how could I explain to them that I probably wouldn't be the best owner for them? Sure I could support myself just fine, but 3 extra mouths to feed? Full grown men at that too.

I had also never had a hybrid before, I wasn't exactly an expert on how to take care of them. What if my social life left them with no time with me? What if they were alone most of the time, or what if my home wasn't what they needed?