Chapter 35

Yoongi POV

We tucked ourselves into Y/N's bed and got comfy. My packmates were in their animal forms, as usual, and I was spooning Y/N from behind. I relaxed in the warmth for a moment, before I let my mind wander to today's events.

Y/N had come home smelling faintly of Jin, again. He was meant to be gone, and, while I was a little upset, when she mentioned that she thought he might be homeless, I couldn't find it in my heart to stay mad.

I wondered where he and his pack were. I wondered if they found a room to stay, or if they were sleeping outside. The nights now were freezing so I hoped they at least had decent clothes.

Some cluttering from outside disturbed my thoughts. I couldn't really figure out what it was, but it sounded close by. I zoned my hearing more carefully and I could hear scuffling, and some muffled voices. Maybe it was the neighbours?

Y/N stirred a little in front of me, and for a moment I thought she heard the noises too. But surely she couldn't, they'd be too faint for her human ears to pick up on.

I wrapped my arm tighter around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Even though we'd only been here just under two weeks, this truly felt like my home now. Our home. I had been dreaming lately of us staying here forever, growing old here with her. The 4 of us - a family.

Maybe she would end up finding a boyfriend and getting married - honestly the idea of that made me more upset than it should. It almost made me angry. I didn't want anyone else to come and take her away from us. I didn't want anyone to steal anymore of her attention.

Was that selfish? Maybe. Maybe she would find someone good, maybe he would be just as good of an owner as she was, and we would still be happy.

But I want her. I want her to myself.

I scolded myself, I couldn't think of my person like that. She loves us and I know it, but she wouldn't love us the way that I was starting to love her.

Pull yourself together! You aren't falling in love with her, you've just never been treated so well and you're forming an attachment to your person, like any other hybrid!

My brain tormented me with images of other hybrids that I had seen in the past, hybrids with their person, clearly in love with each other. I recalled one couple, a man and a hybrid girl - a cat. They were having a picnic, sitting together, feeding each other, holding hands and occasionally sharing a kiss.

And another time, at the vet, a woman referring to her bear hybrid as her boyfriend. They looked at each other with such love and care - I wanted that.

I didn't necessarily care if it was a human or a hybrid, but I wanted someone to call mine. The animal instincts inside me were craving a mate, someone who loved me unconditionally, someone who wanted me. But lately I'd been imagining Y/N as that someone.

Not even my packmates knew of my mushy feelings, I was usually pushing them down to keep myself strong. As the alpha of our pack, I always had to think of everyone else first. I had to make sure everyone else was ok and safe, I couldn't get lost in my dumb romantic fantasies.

I took in a deep breath, breathing in the scents of Y/N, my packmates, and our home. Hopefully I would have sweet dreams tonight.

"That tickles, cut it out"

*Shuffling*

"Hobi! Stop licking me, I swear, I'll-"