Chapter 48

Y/N POV

"I still think you should have made meatballs"

"Nah, he should have made burgers"

"No! Burgers are a waste of perfectly good minced meat, he should have made meatballs!"

"What do you mean 'a waste'? Burgers are delicious! Everyone loves burgers!"

Poor Yoongi stood in the middle of his two bickering packmates, slowly stirring the bolognese sauce, which was apparently the wrong use for the minced meat I bought.

Me and Jungkook sat at the kitchen bench, watching the ordeal. He looked more calm today, less anxious and nervous around everyone, he was even smiling and giggling at the argument in front of us. Although, he was still wearing his hat.

"You know I can always buy more. It's not like that was the last packet of minced meat in the world" I laughed at them.

Jimin huffed, crossing his arms across his chest. "Fine, but next time it's meatballs"

"No, next time it's burgers!" Hobi argued back.

Jungkook snorted next to me, finally unable to hold back his laughter. I laughed along with him, still confused about how my pack even managed to start an argument over meat.

The two hybrids turned their attention to us, looking almost annoyed that we weren't taking the matter seriously. I heard Yoongi breathe out a sigh of relief, as he finally had some peace to cook.

"How about, next time I buy the meat, you can both cook your dishes. Jimin will make meatballs, and Hobi will make burgers. We'll have a feast, and Yoongi gets a break from cooking" I tried to reason with them.

Both of them grumbled a 'fine', muttering about how they wanted meatballs or burgers now. We eventually managed to get them sitting down, each with a bowl of pasta and quietly watching their chosen movie.

Jungkook was again sitting in the single seater, happily munching away on his dinner, and I couldn't help but be curious. I barely knew anything about him.

All I knew was that he was my pack's friend and he needed a place to stay. I didn't know where he came from, if he had an owner, was a stray, ran away, I didn't even know how they all knew each other. I didn't want to pry though. Maybe Yoongi would tell me after he left, maybe it was a sad story.

I could tell that Jungkook's stay here so far was doing him good. In the short time since I met him, he looked a lot healthier. He was less jumpy, not afraid of every new sight or sound, not afraid to ask for things, even relaxed around the predator hybrids.

They were getting along so well, it made me consider offering Jungkook to... stay. Did he have a home to go back to? Or was he a stray? Maybe he didn't want to live with a person.

Maybe I would talk to the guys about it tonight.

We tried to relax on the couches and watch our movie, but the wind was so loud outside it was almost scary. I felt so on edge, holding onto Yoongi's arm, which I don't think he minded. Jungkook also seemed a bit nervous, eyes darting away from the tv every now and then to look out the window. I could see movement under his hat, and it made me wonder if his ears were twitching under there.

The movie was suddenly quiet, allowing the noise of the wind to be heard completely. I didn't realise how tense I was until a loud knock on the door made me scream and jump in my seat.

"Y/N!" Yoongi grabbed me. He must have also been tense, his breathing was rapid and his eyes were darting everywhere.

All of us looked towards the door, unsure if we heard correctly. Everything was quiet, save for the wind and the faint voices from the TV. None of us moved, staring intensely as if our life depended on it.