Chapter 47

Jin POV 

"So you're sure everything's ok? He's safe?"

I rolled my eyes at my stressed out alpha, although I couldn't really blame him. It was Thursday and Jungkook had now been separated from us for 6 nights. I pushed the container of lunch that Yoongi prepared closer to him.

"Yes, I promise, he's safe. He's healing well, he's filling out again too. His skin looks healthy now" I told him softly.

Namjoon sighed, finally picking up the container and picking through it. I knew he felt bad. He felt bad knowing that someone else could take better care of his packmate than him. I shuffled over to sit next to him, wrapping my arms around him as he slowly ate. I noticed him lean a little closer, sniffing me every now and then, probably trying to get Jungkook's scent.

"I don't think we will find anything here" he suddenly said quietly.

"Do you think we will have to move somewhere else?" I didn't have the energy to argue that we could stay here, that we would eventually find something. We probably wouldn't.

He didn't respond, just resting his head on my shoulder and letting out another deep sigh. I rubbed my hand up and down his back, cringing as I felt the bones of his spine against my palm. We wouldn't last much longer out here. Maybe we could go out into the forest, us two could survive out there as animals.

Would we have to leave Jungkook behind? Would we separate our pack after all this time? If it meant that Jungkook had a chance to not only survive, but to live the life that any hybrid deserves, that every hybrid dreams about, then I would honestly consider it. 

As much as it would pain us to split apart, he would be safe, healthy, and eventually, happy.

The sound of soft snores broke my concentration, my frown softening as I looked at Namjoon. His head was in the crook of my neck, right where Jungkook's scent would be the strongest, and his whole body was leaning on me. I rested my head back against the tunnel walls, letting him sleep for a bit before I would have to head out again to continue my search.

I hear voices. Loud voices. Why are people yelling? Why can't I see?

My eyelids felt heavy, and I suddenly realised I had fallen asleep. Sitting up with a start, I took in my surroundings. Oh no. No, no, no. It was dark outside. We slept all day. Namjoon stirred, he was still in the same position as when he fell asleep on my shoulder. Lifting his head up, he slowly looked to the entrance of the tunnel, sitting upright when he started hearing the voices too.

"People are coming" my voice was croaky and shaking.

I scrambled to sit up on my knees, quickly collecting our belongings and shoving them into the guitar case. Namjoon scrambled to the entrance of the tunnel, trying to subtly peek outside.

How did they find us?? Did they see me walking into the bushy area? Did I look suspicious?

"Shit, they're coming right towards us" he whispered, keeping his eyes on the people that were getting closer and closer.

"Come on" I scrambled to my feet with the case on my shoulder, urging him to start moving.

We quietly got out of the tunnel, trying to move quickly through the bushes as the beam of the flashlights narrowly missed us.

"They're not in here" we heard one of them call out, recognizing the slight echo of the tunnel. Thank god we decided not to stay and hide in there.

"Hey, hey! Is that them?"