Chapter 62

Y/N POV

This was hell.

As expected, I felt like pure shit this morning. Dropping Yoongi off and driving safely to the office was extremely difficult. I could barely keep my eyes open.

"You look terrible" Lisa watched me as I attempted to turn on my computer.

"Thanks" I mumbled, finally finding the power button.

"Hey did you hear what happened with Lucas?" I froze in my seat at her words.

Act natural. Be cool.

"Um, Lucas? What?" At least my stuttering could be played off as a symptom of my 'feeling like shit'.

"Yeah, you know his super rare fancy hybrid or whatever? It's gone missing and Lucas has lost his mind. He's not in today but the guys were talking about it."

Well at least that solves my problem of avoiding him all day. Now I could sit here peacefully and focus solely on the anxiety of Yoongi getting in trouble for all of this.

And that is exactly what I did.

I could hardly focus on anything happening on my computer screen, all I could see was visions of Yoongi locked up in a hybrid jail. Did those even exist? Was that just the pound? Maybe they have hybrid sections in regular jails?

What about Hobi and Jimin? The three of them would be separated. How would they even be able to cope? They wouldn't. Should I just return Taehyung to Lucas and pretend I found him somewhere? But I couldn't bring myself to do that.

A new train of thought entered my mind. Lisa said that Lucas lost his mind over losing Taehyung, what if he actually did care about him? Maybe he wasn't the best at showing it, and that's why Tae didn't want to go back, but maybe he did actually have a soft spot in his heart.

Regardless of whether Lucas genuinely cared about his hybrid or not, Taehyung didn't feel loved. And he was still being forced to do the breeding program. So in the end, his feelings were more important to me right now. Especially considering Lucas was a Grade A dick and made me feel like shit.

I threw myself out of my chair as soon as the clock struck 5, muttering a farewell to Lisa and all but sprinting to my car. Once again, it took all of my concentration to make it to the research centre alive, and I flung myself into Yoongi as soon as he was brought into the waiting room.

"So, how was today?" He asked nervously once we were in the car.

"It was fine, Lucas wasn't there, so I didn't have to worry about him." I rubbed my eyes and leaned back in my seat. I just needed a 5 minute breather before driving home.
"What about you?"

"Yeah, fine. I told them I didn't sleep much so they did a lot of brain scans. They stuck the circle things on my head." Yoongi pointed to different spots on his head and it made me laugh.

At least he got to take it easy-ish today. We both sat in the car for a few minutes, just resting our eyes. It had been a rough night and I still felt angry and guilty about everything. A light blush spread across my cheeks at the memory of the two of us on the couch.

Yoongi was my comfort, my home, and so I didn't think anything of it at the time. But thinking back on it now, me laying on top of him, using his chest as a pillow, his naked body underneath me, it was quite the compromising situation.

It wasn't that big of a deal right? Hobi and Jimin always shift back in the mornings, wanting to cuddle with their human limbs, and they're always naked when they do that. Is it really any different if Yoongi does it?