Chapter 63

Y/N POV

If I thought I'd had a rough couple days, Lucas must have been having the worst time ever.

The man I once thought to be a heartless monster looked absolutely horrible. He looked like how I imagined myself to look if I lost one of my hybrids.

He looked pale, dishevelled, exhausted. It only confused me more when he sounded truly heartbroken talking about Taehyung.

"I'm just so worried for him," his voice cracked. "He's never been outside by himself. I'm so scared that bad people could have found him."

I shot a look towards Lisa, who listened to him with confused interest. A few other coworkers were listening, occasionally offering advice.

"The police and hybrid services are working on it, but they haven't found anything yet. They're still investigating at the research centre where he went missing, but I don't understand how they could just lose a hybrid? I mean, there's staff everywhere! He couldn't have just walked out, right?"

My concern for Yoongi was growing exponentially. There are staff everywhere at the research centre. What if someone saw something? What if they started questioning Yoongi? What if they searched our house? What if they have cameras? 

"Did you get my messages Y/N?" I snapped out of my fretting.

"U-uh yeah sorry, it was a hectic night last night. I didn't have time to respond, but I got the photos. I'll keep an eye out for him!" I replied.

"Geez what happened? You get in a fight or something?" Lucas pointed towards my bandaged arm.

"Oh, not really. Just um, burned myself. My hybrids and I were trying to bake cookies but it turned into a bit of a disaster..."

Lucas offered a sad smile at my explanation, maybe I shouldn't have brought up my hybrids. I honestly couldn't figure out where I stood with the guy. Surely this was all a front? Taehyung's life sounded lonely and miserable, but Lucas was acting as if he lost his only child.

"And how's Rose? Is she feeling better?" He turned his attention to Lisa now.

"Yeah, she's pretty much back to normal. Just trying to get her to eat more now."

I had to remind myself that besides our 'dating' incident, Lucas wasn't a monster. He was a regular, friendly coworker that liked to chat, and took interest in others. Yes, he seemed to have fucked up ideas about making bets out of women, but he wasn't a horrible person in every aspect of his life.

Maybe.

"Holy shit" Lisa cursed as we stared at the poster in the break room.

My eyes were as wide as dinner plates as I stared at the number.

'$10,000 Reward'

"Why does he even work here... I mean, I know he's on a much better salary, but if he has that kind of money to give away surely he could work at a fancier company..."

That reward could solve our money problems...

"Yeah... I didn't think he cared that much about his hybrid" I mumbled out.

The same pictures Lucas had sent me were positioned in the centre of the poster. The white snake and handsome human side by side. He doesn't even make time to hang out with Taehyung, why does he want him back so bad?