Chapter 77

Y/N POV

"Okay guys, sit down, the food's getting cold!" I tried to coax the hyper hybrids into sitting around the coffee table for lunch.

I had no idea what had gotten into them, but the 3 youngest just would not sit still. They were running around the house, chasing each other, running outside, sliding on the floor, they were like children on a sugar high.

At least it calmed my nerves a little about asking them the big question. They were very happy with each other's company, playing around without a care in the world. It was sweet, however I was eager to get this over with already. Not to mention, the food was getting cold.

Yoongi and I had made sure to prepare lots of dishes that we knew everyone liked. We were almost 100% sure that Jin's pack would accept our offer, and we wanted this to be a happy day, full of celebration.

"You heard her, come and sit down." Namjoon's authoritative voice boomed out, the 3 nutjobs finally running over to the coffee table.

They landed on the floor with a thud, eyes hungrily scanning over the food.

"Why so much food?" Jungkook asked, big eyes looking up at me for an answer.

"Well, there is actually a reason..." No point beating around the bush, I guess.

Hobi made himself comfortable in the single seater, Jin sitting on the end of the couch, and Joon joining the trio on the floor. They leaned in eagerly, Jungkook's face now clouded with anxiety which made my heart break.

"So, you guys have been here a while," I scooted a little closer to Yoongi on the couch, needing moral support in the form of physical touch. His tail wrapped around my waist.

"I hope you've enjoyed living here with us, I know we certainly have loved the time we've all been together. Even if it was a bit, uh, stressful at times, I think of us now as one big family." I smiled at them, squeezing the hand that Yoongi offered me.

"Do you want us to go?" Jungkook's trembling voice forced my eyes to focus on him. He was looking down at Yoongi and I's interlocking hands with sad eyes.

"What? No! Of course not!" Maybe we gave the impression that Yoongi and I needed our own space now that we were together.

"It's actually the opposite." He added in for me, encouraging me to ask the question.

Jin and Namjoon looked at each other, exchanging confused glances, eyes darting to their bunny packmate.

"I wanted to offer to adopt you. Officially." I finally got the words out.

Yoongi squeezed my hand in encouragement, his eyes darting around the room to gauge the reactions. For a moment no one spoke. The three of them looked at each other, their focus flicking between their packmates and myself.

"You wouldn't be strays anymore, you would have an owner on paper, and a legal home." I added.

Deep down, I knew there was nothing to worry about. I knew I wouldn't have to face a rejection today, but their silence was making me doubt myself. Even Jimin started to look concerned.
"You don't want to stay?" He finally asked, looking towards his one-eared friend.

Jungkook slowly turned towards the cat hybrid, slowly registering the words spoken.

"Y/N... you, you want to adopt us?" Jin was the first to speak.

"Y-yes. If you want to stay here with us, then I will speak to Jisoo about getting some adoption pap- OOFT"

I should have been more prepared for that, honestly. Jungkook tackled me into the couch, rubbing his face all over mine.
"Yes! Yes, yes! I want to stay!" He was nearly shouting, and I was surprised he hadn't started crying yet.