Chapter 78

4 Years Later

Y/N and Yoongi huddled over the coffee table, passing each other photos and tape and making the odd comment about a particular memory. They were determined to finally finish this photo album.

The 8 of them had taken many photos over the years, and Y/N had wanted to frame a lot of them, while the rest were destined for the album.

"Aww, Taehyung's first time in the snow!" Y/N wiggled the photo around as her eyes creased in fondness.

Yoongi plucked the photo from her hand, his own smile creeping onto his face at the sweet memory. The snake hybrid had had so much fun that day, learning how to make snowballs, building a snowman (that fell apart rather quickly), and eating the falling snow. His animal counterpart absolutely hated the cold, him being the most bundled up out of everyone, but his human curiosity could not be tamed.

"And Joon's first tomatoes..." Yoongi replaced the photo of Taehyung with a new picture in Y/N's hand.

Namjoon's smiling, dimply face was the centre of attention, competing with the bright red tomatoes he held in his hands. His love for gardening turned into a herb garden project, which eventually turned into a full blown veggie patch.

They now regularly had homegrown tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, even potatoes. Depending on the season there were also strawberries. Jisoo hadn't minded them restructuring her garden to accommodate the veggie patch, especially not when she got some of the produce every week.

"Did Rose reply?" Y/N asked Yoongi as she taped down the photo of Joon.

"Yeah, they're free to come over tomorrow. She said they'll bring kimbap." He replied.

They'd been trying to organise a movie night, all of them overdue for a catch up. Life had been busy for everyone, and it was about time that they had a relaxing weekend together.

Jungkook was now helping out at the vet with Jisoo and Felix a few days a week. His prey hybrid status made him a comforting presence for other stressed hybrids. His past experiences also helped him sympathise with injured patients, often sticking close to them as they were nursed back to health.

Joon was in the middle of writing a book. He didn't expect anything to come out of it, but he found great happiness in being able to write a story of his own. He'd read so many books that it only seemed fitting for him to follow in the footsteps of his favourite authors.

Jin used his free time to try out new recipes, having success with almost every single one of them. When he wasn't doing this, he would be accompanying one of the guys out on errands. Even though they were legally adopted, and allowed to go out, it felt safer to have Jin take them out.

"If Minnie scratches Rose again then we might have to keep him in our room." Y/N said pointedly towards the black cat that was lazily stretching in Yoongi's lap.

"He's going to be nice, aren't you Minnie?" Yoongi scratched the cat's head.

Minnie was a normally placid thing, mostly preferring to sleep and laze around. Of course he had a preference for Yoongi though, often seeking out the attention of the big cat hybrid.

But he sometimes had the tendency to scratch at anyone who bothered him. It didn't help that Rose found him adorable and wanted to cuddle him all the time.

Yoongi had found comfort in his feline friend. He often referred to it as his child, showing favouritism to the lazy cat, much to his packmates displeasure. It helped a lot with the fact that he wouldn't be able to have children of his own with Y/N. As much as he wanted his own family, he loved Y/N more, and wouldn't give her up for all the children in the world. So for now, Minnie was his child.