Chapter 79

Y/N was at work when she received the phone call.

She rushed to the break room to take the call, hands trembling violently as she tried to hold the phone against her ear.

This was it. This was the news that would help decide the fate of her relationship with Yoongi.

"Y/N, Jun Lee here, how are you?"

"I-I'm well thanks, how are you?" Her hands weren't the only thing that was shaking.

"I'm doing great, thank you! Just ringing about the DNA tests we conducted for Yoongi, did you have time to talk now?" His question was simple, but it only sent Y/N into a fit of distress.

Should she really be talking about this without Yoongi? This news had nothing to do with her, and everything to do with him. She shouldn't hear this without him. But her burning curiosity was killing her.

"U-um, I'm actually at work right now. Is there any chance you could call me after 5:30? Or is that too late?" She decided the guilt would eat her alive if she spoke to Jun without Yoongi.

"Of course! I'll give you a call around 6. Speak to you soon!" Jun easily agreed before hanging up.

He sounded happy. That could only mean one thing.

"Y/N, Jun Lee again. Were you available to have a quick chat now?"

Y/N and Yoongi sat on their bed, hands clasped tightly together, fingers interlaced.

"Hey Jun, yeah I've got Yoongi with me now. You're on loudspeaker if that's okay..."

"Of course! Well let's just get straight into it then." The sound of ruffling papers and keyboard clicking filled the room.

The couple shuffled closer, hands squeezing together impossible tighter.

"The DNA testing showed a strong relation between Yoongi and the young panther hybrid. After thorough testing, we've established Yoongi to be the father of this boy."

The room was silent. Not even the sound of breathing could be heard.

"The owners offered to arrange a meeting, of sorts. If this is something you are interested in, please let me know, and we can organise a time suitable for both parties."

Yoongi stared down at the phone, Jun's voice coming out in a hazy blur. There was no way he heard that correctly. He couldn't meet his child, his son, there's no way...

"U-um, yes, I think we would be interested in that. Weekends would be preferable..." Y/N finally spoke.

"Boy?" Yoongi whispered, confirming to himself the words he heard.

Y/N and Jun spoke some more, Yoongi couldn't understand it anyway. He slowly lowered himself to lie down on the bed, too dizzy to sit up anymore. He couldn't hear Jun's voice anymore, did Y/N take him off loudspeaker?

"If you could just text me a time, we'll be there. Thanks. Yeah you too, thanks again. Bye."

He felt warmth next to him, Y/N's body pressed close.
"Yoongi, are you okay?" She cradled his cheek in her gentle hand.

Her eyes were red, she hadn't cried, but she looked like she was about to. Was she happy? Sad? Was Yoongi happy? He didn't know.

"I have a son."

"You what?!" Jimin yelled, dropping his chopsticks on the floor.