Chapter 75

Y/N POV

Yoongi had closed the blinds and bedroom door, the room illuminated only by the soft glow of several candles. The doona was already rolled back, making the bed perfectly ready for me to dive into. I half expected there to be rose petals decorating the floor.

At the sound of my exiting the bathroom, Yoongi turned around from where he was currently lighting the last candle. His expression was a mixture of surprise and nervousness, perfectly complementing the sheepish look that finally settled over his face.

"Um... sorry if it's too much. I just, uh, wanted you to relax." He explained, but seemed unsure of himself.

The different scents of each candle blended together perfectly, filling the room with the calming smell of flowers, sea foam, and trees. At least, that's what it smelt like to me.

"N-no, it's really nice. Thank you." I smiled at him.

Yoongi smiled back, relaxing now that I hadn't expressed any displeasure towards his gesture. His eyes slowly drifted from my face however, venturing down my body that was still only covered by my towel. He had seen me in just a towel before, but right now I felt so much more exposed than usual.

I was meant to go and get pyjamas, that was the next step after showering, but my feet wouldn't move. My body was stuck, unwilling to dress itself. Yoongi seemed to notice this, taking slow and careful steps towards me.

"Everything okay?" He murmured quietly, placing his hands at my waist as his tail slowly flicked around behind him.

My voice felt wobbly and I hadn't even said anything. Not trusting myself to speak, I simply nodded at him, eyes wide and anxious for his next move. Maybe I didn't ruin our evening after all, maybe running away from Yoongi in the living room didn't deter him or squash his drive.

A small smile graced his lips, and I was totally transfixed. I felt like I was floating, the darkness of the room, the relaxing scents of the candles, the warm touch of my boyfriend, we hadn't even done anything and I was buzzing.

Yoongi seemed to know what I wanted before I did, leaning down to kiss me softly. My body immediately reacted, arms lifting up to wrap around his shoulders and neck. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Yoongi was initiating, I wasn't a bad person.

Our kiss heated slightly, but was still soft and gentle. Yoongi's hands on my waist wrapped tighter around me, pulling my body flush against his. I did not have any complaints about this. Despite the fact that my cold shower had left me very cold and Yoongi's body was the perfect heater, I also craved the closeness of him desperately.

"Y/N," Yoongi whispered, pulling away just enough so that he could speak.

"Yeah?" I whispered back, too scared to raise my voice any louder.

"I... I wanted to tell you..." he paused, leaning forward again to rest our foreheads together. "You don't have to say it back... b-"

"I love you." I blurted out.

I don't know what came over me, but the thought of Yoongi trying to prove his love for me made me feel queasy. It reminded me of a puppy trying to follow all of its owners commands in return for a treat. It made me think of Taehyung, so desperate for love from his person that he didn't realise how miserable his life was.

I didn't want him to feel like he had to do anything fancy to impress me, or that he had to go above and beyond. I knew he was worried about what other people would think of me if they saw us together, and I didn't want him to feel like he had to 'make up' for the fact that he was a hybrid.