Chapter 6

Y/N POV

"So I have some good news and some bad news"

Uh oh.

"It's nothing too bad, it's just something that I know the boys won't be happy about" she started to explain.

"Because it's later in the day, the police check probably won't be completed until at least tomorrow morning." I knew the guys would be upset but it almost looked like Michelle was more upset about this.

"So what we'll do is; you can take home all of the information books, and have a read through and sign the papers" she continued.

"The good news is that you can go home, get a space ready for them and do any other preparations you might need tonight. That way you can come tomorrow, drop off the papers, and take them home - no dramas and everything sorted"

That wasn't too bad.

"Ok, that sounds good. Maybe that even works out better since I don't really have anything ready for them right now" I answered.

"Yeah I thought that might be the case, since you were only meant to be looking with your friend" she laughed.

I smiled sheepishly as I realised how dumb I probably looked right now.

No experience with hybrids.

No original intentions to adopt.

No room or supplies set up for my hybrids to come home to.

This also just reminded me of Lisa, honestly I had sort of forgotten about her. She must be around here somewhere? I hoped she hadn't forgotten about me and left because she is my ride home!

"It's ok though, I promise it happens more often than you think" she seemed to read my mind as she started packing all of the booklets and papers into a folder for me to carry.

"There was one more thing I just wanted to run over with you before we do anything else"

Uh oh 2.0.

"So - obviously you are a woman, and you are adopting 3 male hybrids"

Oh. OH. Does she think-?

Does she think I'm going to use them in a dodgy way?

"You've probably heard how some female animals go into heat"

I nodded.

"Well that animal trait is present in hybrids. Obviously, the hybrids you are adopting are male, so they will not go into heat as such" she continued explaining.

"However, male animals respond to female heats, females give off certain scents to tell nearby males that they are ready for mating.

So first of all, you may notice that their behaviour may change if they are exposed to another female hybrid in heat. They may become more aggressive, agitated, promiscuous - this is all in the general information book as well."

I started to get a bit nervous. I was really throwing myself in the deep end.

"Second of all, you are a female, obviously, but you are human so you don't have heats. However, humans do have a rough equivalent which can affect male hybrids in a similar way - ovulation"

Ah.

"As you will be their new owner, their person, they will obviously grow attached to you and become protective over you. During your ovulation they may start to display some of those symptoms I mentioned before."