Chapter 37

Y/N POV

I pulled the cardigan up my arms and did a once over in the mirror. Deciding my outfit was fine, I grabbed my bag and went to say goodbye to the boys. As soon as they walked into the living room, they all looked up at me. I cursed my weak resolve and their ability to pull the best puppy eyes.

"Ok, I'll only be there a few hours, I should be home by 10 at the latest" I promised them.

They kept frowning and pouting and I could only laugh. Hobi quickly stood up from his spot and pulled me towards them, then pulled me down hard so that I fell across the other two's laps on the couch.

Immediately, they got to work scenting me. My head was in Yoongi's lap and my torso was across Jimin's. Yoongi bent down and scented my face and neck, while Jimin attacked my arms. Hobi knelt down on the floor and scented the other side of my face and neck.

It tickled a lot, but I tried my best to keep the squirming to a minimum. I knew that they were sad about me leaving, so I let them indulge themselves in this at least.

After a few minutes, I finally managed to roll off their laps. I quickly ran to the bathroom to fix my now messed up hair, and readjust my clothing.

"Ok, now I have to go, I'll see you soon!" I called out as I walked out the door.

Pulling up in front of Lucas's house, I had to say I was impressed. His home was very nice - definitely nicer than mine. I remembered him talking about his rich family though so I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

I made my way up to the front door and carefully knocked. After a few seconds I realised that he might not have heard it, since the house was so big, so I rang the doorbell as well. A short while later, the door opened to reveal a very excited Lucas.

"Hey! So glad you could come!" He quickly stepped out to give me a hug.

"Thank you for inviting me" I replied and followed him inside.

He led me through the hallway and I observed the paintings hanging on all of the walls.

"I hope you're hungry, I wasn't sure what to cook, so I ended up making a lot!" he turned his head to tell me as he kept walking.

"I haven't eaten since lunch, so I'm ready to try everything" it was true, I was pretty hungry.

"Before I offer you a drink, I hope you don't mind, my hybrid has been dying to meet you since I told him you were coming over..."

"Oh, the ultra rare albino cobra?" I chuckled.

"Ah yes, that's the one" he laughed as well. "I wanted to show him off, and he knows he's special, so he's in the snake habitat."

"Snake... habitat?" I was a bit confused, did he have a whole ass habitat set-up for his hybrid?

Now I just felt like an idiot - my hybrids had a couch for a habitat.

Lucas led us into a room from the hallway, and my eyes widened in shock at its contents. The room was about the size of a large bedroom, but in the centre was a large wooden block. Upon further inspection I realised it was actually a stump cut from a tree. It was so large and wide, it had to have been cut from a massive tree.

On top of the stump sat the glass enclosure. The entire thing was about as big as a king bed, or rather maybe 3 king beds stacked on top of each other. The glass of the enclosure wrapped around, matching the exact circumference and shape of the wooden block it sat on. It must have been made to order with the exact specifications. How rich was this guy??