Chapter 80

"Okay, so now that the tomatoes are all mushy, we can put in the herbs- yep those ones, good job! Now put the lid on, good, and we let it cook for a little while."

Yoongi helped Doyun off the chair he was propped up on to help him see inside the pot on the stove. It was his second time showing his son how to cook the pasta dish, and he already seemed to have some of the steps memorised.

"When do we cook the pasta?" Doyun looked up at his dad while he put the chair back.

"You cook the pasta once the sauce is ready. That way it doesn't get overcooked." Yoongi explained.

Doyun nodded firmly, determined to remember that little piece of advice. Now that they had a bit of free time while the sauce cooked, he decided to look for Taehyung, wanting to see the pretty white snake again.

When they first met, Doyun went absolutely nuts. He was so excited to play with the large snake, even more so since he knew there was no risk of getting hurt. Taehyung was patient and gentle with him, obliging to the little boy's requests, wrapping around his leg, his arm, his neck even, flicking his tongue out since Doyun found it funny.

Y/N eventually had to tell Irene and Wonho about Taehyung. She tried her best to ensure that they knew she was no hybrid kidnapper, that Taehyung wanted to be here. They understood well enough, and with Irene's past of growing up with hybrids, she hated people who mistreated them.

The first few times Doyun came over, Irene and Wonho stayed as well. All of them would hang out together, but usually the 3 humans would chat in the kitchen, sometimes with Jin as well, while Yoongi and his son went off into the living room or backyard to have some father-son bonding time.

Now, the couple would drop Doyun off, hugging him goodbye before going on a date. Y/N and Irene could call themselves good friends now, both trusting to leave their panther hybrid in the other's home. Depending on what was convenient, they took turns in visiting each other.

Today was an earlier start than usual, Irene dropping Doyun off early before heading in to work. It was a student-free day at his hybrid school, the teachers getting the day to prepare class work and term schedules. Usually Irene would leave Doyun with her parents on days like this, but she decided to offer first dibs to Yoongi.

Yoongi never turned down an offer to have Doyun, and today was no exception. They'd started off the day by soaking up the morning sun. The two of them didn't shift into their panther forms very often, but when they did it was usually to lie in the sun. Once their sunshine was hidden away behind the clouds, they wrestled and play-fought, letting their inner animal come out to play. Yoongi was impressed by his son's growing strength.

This was followed by obligatory video games. Doyun wasn't usually allowed to play videogames on weekdays, but since it was Friday and there was no school, it was basically the weekend anyway. Jungkook loved teaching Doyun how to play, it was his forte. Usually this kept Doyun occupied enough for Yoongi to prepare food, if Jin wasn't around to do so.

Now that it was nearing 5 o'clock, Yoongi decided to start preparing dinner, and of course teach his son along the way. Young boys needed to eat good food if they were going to grow big and strong, and he wanted his son to know how to cook for himself when he was older.

He had received a text from Irene saying that she and Wonho would go out for dinner after work, and pick up Doyun on the way home, around 9pm-ish. Yoongi had no complaints about this, it only meant that he'd have more time to watch a movie or two with his son after dinner.

"When's Y/N coming back?" Doyun whined as he sat at the kitchen bench watching his dad tidy up.

He must have already entertained himself enough with Taehyung, Yoongi thought.