Chapter 59

Y/N POV

I was practically skipping towards the entrance of the research centre, more than eager to see my panther again. The afternoon had crawled by so slowly, the seconds ticking away as if they had nowhere important to be.

The receptionist instructed me to sit in the waiting room, and told me that someone would bring Yoongi out. My leg bounced up and down, for some reason I felt more nervous now than I did during the day. What if he walked out and was traumatised? What if he was injured, or hurt? What if they brainwashed him, or if he hated me for leaving him here?

My mental turmoil vanished the moment I saw Jun Lee bring Yoongi through the hallways. I sprung up to my feet and rushed over to him, checking over his body to see if there was anything wrong. He smiled at me, and it calmed my heart a little.

"Y/N, good to see you!" Jun flashed me a smile of his own. "Yoongi's been a great volunteer today. He's going to be able to assist us immensely with gathering data for his breed."

Jun almost sounded like a proud father talking about his son. It was kind of cute really, but then I snapped out of it, remembering that Yoongi was a rare breed, and of course Jun would be excited to study him.

While we were there, we organised plans for tomorrow so that I could just drop Yoongi off in the morning. I was, once again, surprised that he wanted to come back. I guess he was really determined to help me with the bills.

Walking back to the car, I held tightly onto Yoongi's hand, swinging it slightly. I was so happy to see him again, and I hugged his arm as we stopped in front of my car. I noticed he tensed up a little, but didn't say anything.

"So are you all okay? They didn't do anything weird to you? Didn't hurt you?" the questions flew out of my mouth as I settled into the driver's seat.

"No, I'm okay," Yoongi chuckled.

The drive home was filled with Yoongi explaining what he had done today, describing the different rooms he went in, what the x-ray machine was like, even the food that they provided for all the volunteers.

As we parked in my driveway, I turned to look at Yoongi properly and noticed that he was sitting funny. I couldn't really pick out what it was, but he just looked awkward.

"You alright? You're sitting weird." I pointed out.

"Oh, n-no, yeah I'm fine." he smiled nervously at me before getting out of the car.

Maybe being at the centre all day was too much for him, and yet he was forcing himself to go again tomorrow. Maybe I needed to have a chat with him tonight.

"Hyung!" I heard Jimin call out, and Yoongi quickly shuffled into the house without sparing a glance at me.

Oh no . They're acting weird again.

I locked my car and lazily strolled to the front door, dragging my feet a little. Sometimes it felt sobering to be left out of the loop with my pack. I wasn't sure if maybe they didn't fully trust me yet, or maybe they were just talking about private things, or hybrid things that I wouldn't understand. I had to remind myself that I too had a private life that I wouldn't share with them, it was nothing personal...

As I approached the front door, a shaking fox barrelled into me and squeezed the literal air out of my lungs.

"Woah, Hobi you okay?" I gently scratched at his furry ears, making a note that I might need to take the guys for a haircut soon.

"Mhm," he mumbled into my chest. "-missed you."

Maybe being alone with an outsider pack, no hyung, and no person, maybe that stressed him out a lot today.