Chapter 57

Y/N POV 

"Sorry, you what?" I asked incredulously.

"I... I called the Jun Lee guy. About the hybrid research thing." Yoongi repeated the words that I thought I misheard.

That can't be right. Yoongi was terrified of that guy, he was frozen on the spot when we bumped into him at the store. Even scared when we saw his doppelganger!

"Um... why?" I stopped packing away the groceries to drag Yoongi outside.
Maybe the chilly air would help clear his head.

"Well, I kind of thought it over, and I realised that I've never seen any other panther hybrids before. So... so I thought it would be for the greater good. You know, if they had research on my specific breed?" he didn't sound so sure of himself.

My face must have relayed my confusion perfectly, and it encouraged him to continue.

"I mean, he sounded really professional on the phone! I'm sure it's not as bad as I'm imagining it to be!"

I still didn't believe him, there was no way he'd just change his mind like that.

"Anyway, he said you just have to go online and submit an expression of interest. Soooo do you wanna do that now?" he held onto my hand and slowly pulled me back towards the sliding door.

I let myself get dragged back inside, and into my room. Yoongi pushed me onto the bed and grabbed my laptop from my desk, settling down beside me. He seemed way too eager to do this, what the hell is going on??

He opened it up and placed it in my lap, waiting expectantly for me to log in. I just stared at him, waiting for him to yell 'PRANKED!'. Maybe they were filming this? Maybe it was a test? But nothing of the sort happened. He just waited patiently, his tail flicking around over his legs.

"Um... okay?"
I logged on and opened up the browser, searching up the website on the contact card that Yoongi had placed on my lap. Something fishy was going on.

"Okay, expression of interest..." I mumbled to myself as I clicked on the link.

The form was fairly straightforward, so I filled it out without too much trouble. I made sure to double check Yoongi was feeling ok before I submitted it.

"Okay done." I checked my inbox to find the confirmation email that my expression of interest had been received. "You're sure you want to do this?"

"Yes." Yoongi let out a big sigh, and rested his head on my shoulder.

My hand raised up without even thinking to scratch his ears. I wasn't sure what had gotten into him but he seemed very eager to do this, so I wasn't going to tell him he couldn't. I personally couldn't understand why he wanted this, but who was I to tell him no? I can't control what he wants to do with his life.

After relaxing a bit in the peacefulness of my room, I pulled us back out into the living room where Jimin and Jungkook were playing video games. Namjoon and Jin had decided to do some weeding in my backyard to 'help out'.

I pushed Yoongi to go sit on the couch next to Hobi, while I made myself comfortable on the single seater. I scrolled through my phone to look at my bank account, wincing when I looked at the numbers. At least I haven't needed to start pulling from my savings account yet, then I would be in trouble.

Yoongi was frowning at me when I looked up at him, and I tried to smile to make him relax. I didn't want to worry him about this stuff. There was no point making them stressed when they couldn't do anything about it.