Chapter 14

Y/N POV

Jimin and Hobi were waiting outside my door. I gushed at their cuteness and gave them ear scratches. I guess they were determined not to miss me this time.

I was already ready for work since I had my own ensuite, so all I really needed to do before I left was pack some snacks. The boys were happy about this because it gave them more time to 'scent'.

I had read about scenting in the information books, learning that it was when a hybrid wanted to leave their scent on their owner so that other hybrids and animals knew that they were already 'claimed'.

The boys happily scented away, rubbing their heads all over my neck, face, arms, pretty much anywhere they could access. They claimed that they needed to make up for yesterday as well. I felt a little bad that Yoongi was still asleep.

Although he seemed to be the leader of their pack, always taking care of the others, surely he would still want to participate in things like this. He was still a hybrid after all, and he would have the same instincts as Jimin and Hobi.

I decided to at least say a quick goodbye to him, carefully tiptoeing to their shared bed and giving him a light scratch behind the ears. He purred a little at this, but didn't seem to wake up.

Good enough.

And with that, I made my way to work.

Jin was in his usual spot, softly singing and strumming on his small guitar. When I was sure he could see me I gave him a big wave. He smiled back, unable to wave as his hands were busy. By the time I got to him, he had finished his song.

"It's nice weather today, hey?" I tried my best not to look in his box, surely he would have noticed my habit by now.

I noticed him take a sharp breath and squint his eyes a tiny bit, before smiling widely.

"Sure is! Hopefully the good weather makes people more generous" he winked.

Always in a cheery mood, maybe I should take him out for lunch one day. Maybe even today?

"See you later" I decided not to ask, in case he wasn't planning on staying the whole day, and I didn't want to pressure him or anything.

Since Lisa was taking the day off, I decided I would come back at lunch time, if he was still here then I would offer. Yes, good plan Y/N.

The morning dragged on, maybe it was because I didn't have my friend here with me. But maybe it was also because I was being pestered by a certain somebody.

"Come on, I want to take you to this nice restaurant! I promise it's good!" Lucas persisted.

"Lucas, I already told you, I don't like to date coworkers" I protested for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"It's just dinner, if you never wanna go out for a meal with me again you don't have to. Come on, it's my shout"

I rolled my eyes. I tried to quickly weigh up the pros and cons.

Sure, Lisa found Lucas annoying, but he wasn't actually that bad. He was pretty friendly and funny, and he's never really done anything to make me think he wasn't a decent person.

Besides, it's a free meal!

"Ugh" I gave in. "Fine, don't read too much into it though!"

Lucas punched the air in victory.

"Ok, the place is called Rosso, we can go there after work on Thursday if you're free?"

I mentally checked my calendar. "Yeah we can do Thursday"