Chapter 50

Jungkook POV 

I lay in the middle of my pack, savouring the perfect, safe feeling. If I closed my eyes, I could just pretend that this was our home, that this was our bed, our house, and that we were supposed to wake up like this every day.

We were lucky enough that Y/N didn't question us much last night, we just ate chicken and cake and watched a movie, before practically passing out on the couches. Maybe Jin was planning to leave before she had time to interrogate, but we still had nowhere to go.

Namjoon shuffled around next to me, seemingly finding a more comfy position before his soft snores resumed. I had been awake for a little while now and was eager to get up. Carefully manoeuvring myself, I managed to get out of the bed and snuck out of the room.

My feet automatically took me to the kitchen, and then directly to the fridge. I pulled out the box of cake and set it on the bench, grabbing myself a fork to dig in. There was still half of it left, so I didn't think anyone would notice a little extra missing.

I was so surprised when I found out that she had bought the cake for us. I had thought at first that it was for a special occasion, but Y/N said that she bought it for us, as a treat.

Y/N was turning out to be so nice, and each day I spent here I grew more and more jealous of Yoongi's pack. I wanted so badly to be in their place.

Our past experiences made it very difficult for us to trust people, and Y/N was no different at first. There was no way I was going to let myself become completely vulnerable around someone just because they smelt nice and seemed friendly at first. I had plenty of owners who were like that.

But over the past few days, it became evermore apparent that Y/N was good. She was one of the few people that could actually be considered a good owner. Like Jin's older owners. Good people. As nice as this was, it would also make it extremely hard to leave this place...

I nibbled away at the edges of the cake, breaking off small pieces with my fork. Jin would be so mad if he knew I was eating cake for breakfast. I could just hear him telling me how I needed something more nutritious, that sugar was bad for you so early in the day.

Maybe I could convince Namjoon to join me. That would be funny. He can't protest against our alph-

"Oh my god..." a sad voice whispered out.

My head whipped back to look at Y/N, standing at the entrance of the kitchen, hand over her mouth in shock. I hadn't even heard her walking in. I realised where she was staring at, and my heart sank. This was it...

Y/N POV

I had been awake for a little while, just enjoying the peace and comfort from my hybrids. We were all cuddling together, as usual, but they were so deep in sleep and I was getting antsy. I wanted to see how my guests were doing - I didn't get much of a chance to talk to them last night. I still needed to talk to Jin.

Yoongi was sleepy enough that he didn't protest too much when I crawled out of the bed, Hobi dutifully taking my place and keeping his hyung warm. I tiptoed out of the room and snuck a quick look in the guest room. Jin and Namjoon were still in bed, but Jungkook was missing. So I went towards the kitchen in hopes of finding the bunny.

I wasn't necessarily trying to be sneaky, but it seemed that Jungkook didn't hear me at all. I took a moment to appreciate the fact that he was comfortable enough to help himself to food when he was hungry. He cutely nibbled at the leftover cake, humming to himself occasionally.