Chapter 55

Y/N POV 

"Ok, I think you've scented me enough now guys," I tried to push the overenthusiastic fox and cat away from me while simultaneously prying myself out of Yoongi's hold.

"Just... just a little more" Yoongi mumbled into my neck.

Pure thoughts Y/N. Think pure thoughts.

I sat completely still as I let them do what they wanted for a little longer. My mind was too busy thinking about waterfalls, and trees, and goddamn why was it so difficult to behave!

"Okayyy! I have to go now, don't wanna be late for work, you know. That place that gives me money so I can feed us and keep us alive. Ah-Ahem. Okay. Goodbye." my words were a flurried mess as I ripped myself away from my hybrids to get out of my room.

The three of them stared in confusion as I shut the door behind me. I walked down the hallway and just about screamed when I nearly bumped into someone. Poor Jungkook looked startled and all I could do was hold my hand over my chest as I tried to calm down.

"S-sorry, I didn't see you" I tried to explain.
"It's ok, are you going now?" he sounded like he had been awake for a while.
"Yeah, work as usual" I smiled at him, happy that he no longer felt the need to wear a hat inside.

He shuffled a bit on his feet, scratching the back of his neck. He looked awkward.

"U-um. Before you go, can, um. Can you..." he grew quiet and shy.
"Can you um..." his hand went to tug on his ear as he looked at the floor.

Oh! He wanted pats!

"Of course" I giggled, lifting my hand up to scratch around his good ear.
He relaxed completely under the touch and shuffled closer, leaning down so that I could reach better. It made me so happy that he was comfortable enough to ask, or at least try to ask for affection. I knew he needed it.

I wondered if he would enjoy getting scratches on both ears, once it was fully healed of course, or if he would be more self conscious about it and not want anyone to touch? I stared sadly at the little stump, still bandaged neatly. My brain still couldn't comprehend how someone could be capable of doing that to another living being.

"Ok, I really have to go now" I told him gently, slowly pulling my hand away.

"Ok" he said sadly, still looking a little blissed out from the scratches.

I managed to leave the house without being sucked into more puppy eyes. How am I supposed to do this every morning if I have 6 of them now? I guess only really 4, Jin's kind of the responsible adult, and I don't really know what's going on with Namjoon. I haven't had the chance to talk to him much.

My mood dulled a little as I walked past Jin's old spot, before I quickly remembered that he was doing much better now that he wasn't there. Getting to my desk, Lisa and I had our obligatory debrief of our weekends before starting work.

"So the checkup went well, and now I think Rose likes Jisoo more than me" she said with a pout as she angrily tapped her mouse button, clicking at nothing on the black screen.

I couldn't help but laugh at my friend and her overexaggerated annoyance.
"I took Jungkook to her on Saturday and- oh my god I didn't tell you!" I sat up.

"Didn't tell me what? Was that one of Jin's hybrids?" Lisa asked, now tapping a pen against her armests as she slouched in her chair.

Oh shit. She doesn't know about Jungkook's ear, or the fact that Jin himself is a fucking hybrid!