Dancing with our hands tied (Dhanush x reader)

Dhanush isn't an actor in this imagine he is a choreographer and the reader is an actress.

You sat outside the room where they were auditioning for the film. Your legs were tapping on the floor frantically. Your friend placed her hand on your thigh stopping your legs . "(Y/n) you'll make it" She gave you an assuring smile "It's just I'm nervous... " "You have all the right to be but just chill before you die of your own nervousness" She chuckled. You calmed down a little "Next person come in please" You stood up as your friend gave your hand a little squeeze. You walked into the room as the director , assistant director and the casting person looked at you. You took in a deep breath and stood before them "Good morning....(Y/n)" The casting person looked into the sheet and read out your name "Good morning" You smiled at them . "Are you ready?" "Yes sir" You replied to the casting person . You spoke out the dialogue given to you with just the right expressions needed. You finished it as you thanked them. "Amazing (Y/n)" The director , the assistant director and the casting person applauded for you. You smiled and thanked them again "Miss (Y/n) please wait outside and we'll announce the results soon" You walked outside and sat beside your friend "So how did you do?" "They said it was amazing" "You'll get the role" She hugged you tight. There were three people after you who were waiting for the audition.

"Okay girls now we are going to announce the results. This person would be bagging the role of the female lead in this movie. So.... miss (Y/n) we would like to have you with us" You got up as your friend smiled at you "See I told you" Your heart fluttered with happiness as you walked inside the room again "Miss (Y/n) welcome again so we have chosen you as the love interest for the male lead in this movie" The director explained to you "So... this movie is a dance based film. So there will be a lot of dance sequences in this movie basically you have to dance a lot. I'll send you the whole script through whatsapp give it a read" "Thanks sir" "You can join the team tomorrow and I'll send you the location to the set tomorrow be there exactly at 8 a.m." "Sure sir" "Thanks (Y/n) you can take leave for now" Your friend hugged you as soon as you were out "Omg (Y/n) I'm so happy for you girlll" "Awwww let's go have something to eat" "Sure I'm starving" You giggled at her.

You woke up at 6 a.m. to get ready to go to your first day of shooting. You washed your hair and took a bath. You wore a bathrobe and dried off your hair and then searched your wardrobe for a good outfit. You picked out this outfit.

You combed your hair and put it into a ponytail

You combed your hair and put it into a ponytail. You had a light breakfast and by 7:30 you were out of your house. You reached the set by 7:50 . You met with the director first "Miss (Y/n) welcome to your first day of shooting " He smiled at you "Thanks sir" "We'll meet with the others" You followed him as he walked to a room which looked like a place to practice dance.

"This is Atharvaa Murali I think he doesn't need a introduction cause you know him well" "Of course sir" You smiled at him "He is the male lead for the film" He held out his hand as you got it "Nice to meet you (Y/n) I was told that you are going to be the female lead" "And that's right sir" "No no Atharvaa is fine" You smiled at him . You followed the director. He tapped a guy on the shoulder who was turned away from you . He was looking down at his phone "Our famous and talented choreographer Dhanush will teach you both all the steps for the dance parts in the movie" He turned to you and the director. His eyes landed on you as he stared at you with a dreamy look clouding his eyes "Dhanush this is (Y/n)" He snapped back to reality "Hey I am Dhanush" He held out his hand for you to take. "Nice to meet you sir" You smiled at him. Your mouth probably called most of them sir cause you found it disrespectful to call them by their name out of nowhere "Dhanush will do don't be so formal with me" He smiled at you "Fine then" The director looked at the three of you "As you three know that we'll be starting off with a dance sequence Dhanush will teach you the steps for the first scene. I'll just go and check if the rest of the cast is here" You, Atharvaa and Dhanush nodded at him. Dhanush looked at you two . "Let's start .... so as per the script it's Atharvaa who will be dancing first so I'll teach the steps for him first" You nodded as you sat down on the floor a little away from them so they can practice the steps. You looked at Dhanush as he taught the steps. He looked so handsome. Few minutes passed by as Atharvaa went to fetch water as he was a bit exhausted. Dhanush caught you staring at him as you turned away. "Were you staring at me the whole time?" "No I was not" You looked at him. He chuckled as he sat beside you. You were a bit nervous "(Y/n) you don't have to be nervous . I know this is your debut and you are scared on how you'll make it through the film I totally get it but I'm sure you'll do so much better" He placed his hand over yours "Thanks Dhanush... " You smiled looking down "And we can be friends so you don't have to feel nervous about anything you can share anything with me and I'll be there to help you with anything" "Yeah okay friends it is" He hugged you as you blushed into the hug.