Betrayal and love (Maari x reader)

"Maari when are you going to stop doing this?" "Come on (Y/n) I love doing this" "What do you love? Do you think getting money from people for no damn reason is fun?" "Ahhh stop it already" He pushed you out of his way "Can I even argue with you?"

"So I'm going to be her partner in business" "What?" You raised an eyebrow at him "Maari this is too much I know how much of a help you'll be to her" "Did I ask your opinion?" "Well I'm your bestfriend and I've to correct you when you're wrong" "And you think I'll listen to you?" He laughed "I feel more like a babysitter than your bestie" "Hey I'm not a baby" "Trust me for me you are" You ruffled his hair as you giggled at his adorable face.

"(Y/n) what are you doing here?" "We're friends" "You and her?" Maari pointed to you and Sridevi "Yes" "Get lost from here" Maari looked at you "Well if you won't listen to me I've all the rights to not listen to you" You looked at him "Ughh okay just come here for a second" "Sri I'll be back" "Okay" She smiled at you as she went back to her work "Maari don't trouble her" You whispered to him "I won't listen to you (Y/n) I need my money and this is the only way" "How much do you want? I'll give it to you but don't trouble her" "I'm not getting money from my only friend" "Then do a favour for me and stop creating problems here" "I know what to do" He pushed you to the side as he walked inside the boutique. You heard about how Sri lost most of her customers because of Maari from her. You felt really sorry for her as she cried about how hard it was getting for her. You thought of taking things into your hand and talk to Maari about this. It was night already so you thought about talking to Maari in the morning.

"Hi Maa-" You stopped as you saw Sridevi at Maari's house. "Sri?" "Oh (Y/n) hi" "What are you doing here?" "Since Maari is a partner in my business I wanted to be a partner in his too" "Oohh you mean like give them a taste of their own medicine" "I guess so" "Good luck" You smiled at her but you felt that something was off with her "So Maari I guess you have company I think I should leave" "(Y/n) stay here where are you going?" Maari stopped you "I've few works to take care of I'll come back here in the evening" "Are you okay?" You pulled Maari with you "What happened (Y/n)?" "Maari I feel like something is off with her" "What do you mean?" "I don't know guess we just have to wait and see okay I'll get going" "Okay take care call me later" "Sure" He gave a small pat on your shoulder .

"Wow something really is off with her" "What are you trying to say? She looks like a good person to me. I even thought of proposing her" "What? Maari are you serious? Have you seen her? She hated you so much and now she acts all lovey dovey with you and you believe her too" "(Y/n) shut up you're just jealous that she likes me" "Maari you're out of your mind and stop drinking" "You're out of your damn mind and no I'm not going to stop drinking" "Do whatever you like to" You got up as you walked away "(Y/n) stop"

"What happened here?" You looked at a small crowd gathered around as you pushed into the crowd to see what was happening . "Maari?" You looked at Maari being arrested . You heard Maari saying something to Sridevi about betraying him . You looked at Sridevi as she looked at you and looked to the ground. You ran upto him "Maari..." You sobbed as you held his hand "It's okay (Y/n) I'll be back soon" "Move her away from him" A police officer pushed you as Maari screamed at him "Stop touching her" "Maari have this" You gave him your ring "I'm always with you" You whispered to him as you slipped in your ring into his hand.

Seven months later

Maari was back from prison. You waited for him at his home. You heard footsteps making you get up from the chair. "(Y/n)" "Maariii" You ran straight to him and gave him the biggest hug. "I missed you so much (Y/n)" He kissed you on the head "I missed you too" "I should've listened to you (Y/n) never knew she was planning something behind me all this time" "Well let's not think about it" He hugged you tight "Ahhh how much I love you" "What?" You pulled back as you looked at Maari "What did I just say?" "I love you" "You love me?" "No you said that you loved me" "Aww it's fine I love you too" "Maari" You chuckled as he smiled at you and kissed you on the cheek "Now you realize what love is?" You asked Maari "Yes I do it's the person who's always there for you and means the world to you" "Aww that's so sweet" You wrapped your arms around his torso and he rested his chin on your head as he wrapped his arms around you.