chapter one

"So, Hyunjin. You excited for school?" Hyunjin's friend, Lee Daehwi, asks. Hyunjin kept his eyes on the ground for majority of the time. It was his first time going into a new high school. He was also slightly nervous since he was told the high school was more for advanced students.

"I'm not that excited." He mumbled, leaving Daehwi to look at him, worried. "It's okay, Hyunjin. I promise you'll do just as great in this school! Plus, this high school is more free than your...other school." Daehwi nervously replies with an awkward chuckle.

"Don't mention it." Hyunjin replied with a death glare, sending a shiver down Daehwi's spine.

Soon enough, the two arrived at the high school. Daehwi was already familiar with it since he goes there anyways. It was Hyunjin who was nervous.

"Are you sure this is a good place?" He asks, still unsure whether he should be excited or not. "I'm completely sure! Trust me on this one." His friend responds smiling. "Come on, let's go inside!"

Hyunjin looked around the area. It was honestly pretty smaller than he thought. Or, at least it was smaller than his other high school. It was gonna take him some time to adjust to the change of scenery, but it wasn't a big deal. The real big deal was the students.

"Do you like it so far?" Daehwi asks Hyunjin, who was still looking around. "How are the students like?"

His friend sighed before replying to the question, "They're nothing like your old classmates. Everyones nice here!"

Hyunjin let out a deep sigh and continued to explore the school.

"Unfortunately, I won't be able to give you a proper tour of this place. But, my friend is willing to do it for me!" Daehwi says, making the other confused.

"He's really nice, trust me. The only problem you'll have with him is that..."

"What problem will I have with your friend?" Hyunjin scoffed, making Daehwi worried before he spilled the news.

"Uhm...well, he's kind of...you know, gay.."

"What?!" Hyunjin shouted, but immediately covered his mouth since there was other people around him and he didn't wanna create a commotion on his first day of school.

"He's nice th-"

"I want someone else."

"Hyunjin...all he's gonna do is just tour you aro-"

"I don't care! You know how I am around gay people."

"Just trust me on this? You don't have to talk at all to him. Just make sure you get to memorize the school..."

After many beggings later, Hyunjin finally reluctantly agreed to let Daehwi's friend tour him around the school.

"I'll text him right now and tell him to meet us at the school yard!"

After minutes of waiting for Daehwi's friend to show up, he finally came out to the yard after a good 10 minutes. "Sorry I'm late, my boyfriend's just wouldn't let me go."

Hyunjin immediately gagged at that sentence but instantly regretted it and covered his mouth after seeing his friend's face. "Sorry..." He whispered to Daehwi who just sighed.

"It's alright. This is Hyunjin, the one I was talking to you about. He's quite shy, so I apologize if he doesn't talk as much to you."

"It's all good! Nice to meet you Hyunjin, my name is Jisung! Han Jisung."