chapter thirty-eight

Chan slammed his hand on the table aggressively, startling everyone that was around him. His eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched, along with his fists.

"You knew Seungmin was in the hospital this whole time and didn't bother telling any of us, Jeongin?!" Chan angrily shouted, glaring directly at the said boy, who gulped nervously.

"You kept it a secret? How could you..?" Felix softly spoke, tears forming in his eyes and ready to burst out any second now.

"I knew you've been hiding stuff from us." Changbin fiercely mumbled, but the others heard him loud and clear.

"It wasn't my intention I just—"

"Enough!" Chan interrupted by shouting once again.

"This whole time you've been playing games with us. From when Felix first confronted you about hiding stuff from us, it turned out to be true. Do you not trust us, Jeongin? Why would you keep such things to yourself?!"

"I do trust you guys it's just..."

"I'm extremely upset and pissed off cause of you Jeongin. Get out."

"W-What? Chan just listen to me! I didn't-"

"Get out."

Jeongin got up from his seat and moved his way towards the door. He looked back at the others who seemed genuinely upset before finally leaving the house.

It was now awkward silence that remained. The atmosphere became tense as Chan was genuinely angry.

"D-Don't you think you were too harsh...?" Jisung stuttered out, earning stares from the others.

"Too harsh? Jisung, he pretended to be clueless about Seungmin in the hospital. Tell me, was I being too harsh?" Chan asked and glared at every single person sitting at the table.

"I mean...you didn't even let him explain himself." Minho was the first to speak out through the chaos.

"What was there to explain? The fact he didn't even bother telling any of us about Seungmin? For fuck sakes, we all thought he was sick or ignoring us."

"Maybe that's what Jeongin wanted. It's better if we thought Seungmin was just sick instead of knowing he's in a coma." Minho replied bluntly before getting out his seat and leaving the house, going to find Jeongin.

"Min—Ugh."

"I agree with Minho..." Felix softly said but he was heard.

;

Minho ran out of the house and looked for Jeongin. Fortunately, he found him at the convenience store that was near the house.

"He hasn't gone far, thank god."

He went up to the boy who was sitting down on the ground, tears rolling down his cheeks as he wiped it away every few seconds.

"Jeongin." Minho spoke out, startling the other who soon looked up at him.

"M-Minho? What're you doing here..." Jeongin stood up quickly, wiping all the tears from his face.

Instead of saying anything, Minho engulfed Jeongin into a warming hug.

"I'm sorry. Chan was too harsh on you, I will have a talk with him later." Minho whispered into the boy's ear as they both hugged each other.

"It's fine...It was my fault anyways, I didn't tell any of you guys." Jeongin mumbled which caused Minho to cup his face.

"Listen to me, Jeongin. It's not your fault, okay? It's just a misunderstanding."

"Look, I-I didn't want to tell you guys because...because I knew Jisung has been having panic attacks recently and I didn't want to make it worse.." Jeongin suddenly confessed as tears dropped from his slightly red eyes.

Minho wiped every single tear drop that Jeongin released, "I understand, it's okay. Don't cry, Jeongin."

"We were gonna go visit Seungmin today with Hyunjin, are you gonna come?"

The younger pulled out of the hug and rubbed his eyes, "Not after the argument. I'll find time to visit Seungmin myself."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. I don't want to cause any more troubles for you guys and I'm sure Chan needs a break from all of this."

Minho sighed, "You can come to us any time, alright? I'm gonna head off now." He said while ruffling Jeongin's hair.

——————————

next chapter is going to be a rollercoaster.

don't say i didn't warn you.

(also happy new years!!)