chapter twenty-eight

Hyunjin looked around to make sure Jiwoon wasn't nearby before pulling out his phone and dialing Daehwi.

"Hello?" The boy answered, which made Hyunjin feel relieved.

"Daehwi, I need help."

"What do you mean?"

"He broke my knee and he's not letting me leave the house at all. I need you to help me sneak out, please."

"Who broke your knee?"

"Jiwoon."

"Not surprised. When do you want me to pick you up?"

"Come right now, and make sure you go behind the house. I'll escape from the window." Hyunjin spoke while looking at the window and how high it was from the ground.

"From the window? Hyunjin, you have a broken knee. I don't think that's—"

"It's fine, Daehwi. I'll endure the pain."

Hyunjin heard the other sigh before saying bye and ending the call.

He opened the window and looked down.

"It's pretty high, but if it's the only way to not get caught, I'm taking the chance."

Hyunjin waited until he saw Daehwi's vehicle. He took a deep breath in before climbing on the window and jumping down, with no hesitation.

His knee bent, which made him wince in pain but he managed to move his body inside of the car. Daehwi looked at him, worriedly, giving him a concern look.

"I'm fine, just drive." Hyuniin reassured with a slight smile while he placing his hand on his broken knee.

However, once he took his hand off, blood starting dripping down his leg. There was a cut on his knee and Daehwi freaked out.

"Hyunjin-"

The boy took his jacket off and placed it on his knee, in attempt for the blood to stop dripping out.

"You can freak out later, just not now. You're driving."

Daehwi looked at his best friend as if he turned physco before putting his eyes back on the road.

"I can't believe you jumped out of a window with a broken knee." Daehwi mumbled, but the other heard him clearly.

"As long as I'm away from Jiwoon, I'm happy."

"Hyunjin, you're losing a lot of blood. You're literally killing yourself, you know that right?"

Hyunjin stayed silent for a bit before responding, "You're more scared than I am." He softly spoke, head facing the car window.

"I'm afraid you've developed a 'strong on the outside, soft on the inside' habit ever since Jiwoon came. I know you're hurting, you don't have to hide it."

The boy stared off into the distance, not even thinking about replying to his best friend. He knew Daehwi was right, which is why he's frustrated.

"How bad is the cut?" Daehwi continued, sparing a quick glance at the other before looking back at the road again.

"I'm bleeding a lot, you tell me."

"That bad that I have to take you to the hospital?"

"Your mom's a nurse, right? You can help me without taking me to the hospital."

"But your knee is also broken."

"I don't care, Daehwi. It'll heal up eventually."

Daehwi sighed and took the route that lead the two to his house.

;

Jeongin looked both ways before going into the room and locking the door. He grabbed his phone and dialed Jisung's number, who answered within seconds.

"Jeongin?"

"How long are we keeping up this act for?" Jeongin asks.

"It's only a few more days, don't worry. I'll be there soon. But, did the boys find out about anything?"

"No, I kept my poker face on."

Jisung smiled, "Good job."

"Did you get the papers?"

"Indeed I did. It was quite easier than I thought."

"Great. Meet me at the cafe."

;

Jisung showed up to the cafe and met eyes with Jeongin. He showed a smile before heading to the table the other was at.

"Here." Jisung pulled out papers from his bag to show Jeongin, who closely observed it.

"His full name is Kim Jiwoon."

The two read over the papers before Jisung spotted something that made his eyes widened.

"His brother is...Kim Seungmin."

;

Daehwi stitched up the cut Hyunjin had and gave him a knee brace to put on his broken knee.

"You sure you don't want me to take you to the hospital? The cut looked pretty deep."

"Well you did stitch it so..."

Daehwi sighed and sat up from the ground, "What are you gonna do now?"

"I don't know." Hyunjin shrugged.

;

The two sat in shocked for a while until Jeongin's phone started ringing. He took a look at his phone and noticed Chan was calling him.

The boy signaled the other to be quiet as he was gonna answer.

"Yes, Chan?"

"Jeongin where are you?"

"I'm at a cafe, why?"

"At night?"

"Yeah...Uh, I needed a little snack."

"Didn't Seungmin tell you there would be leftovers in the fridge you could have if you get hungry?"

"Yeah but I just wanted something light, not heavy."

"Okay...Be careful Jeongin."

"I will."

Jeongin ended the call and Jisung had his eyes on him.

"When are you coming back to see the boys?" Jeongin asks the other.

"Tomorrow."

The younger nodded and sighed, "Alright, I should get going now. I can tell Chan's worried about me." He spoke as he picked up his things and sat up from the chair.

"Okay, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

The two split paths and Jeongin was heading home.

It was dark, which kind of feared the boy, but he wasn't that far from the house so he figured he'd be fine. However, he thought too soon.

As Jeongin was walking home, he suddenly heard a sound of footsteps behind him. When he turned around, no one was in sight but him.

He started to speed up as he thought he could die any second now.

He kept looking around the area to make sure no one was following him, because that was his gut feeling.

Little did he know, there was someone following him, and they were not new to this game.