chapter nineteen

FLASHBACK

Heiran carefully looked around and observed the boys from a distance. She glanced at the water bottles for a second before being her attention back to the boys. She squinted her eyes and assumed someone would be grabbing a bottle of water soon.

She looked around to check if anyone was watching her, and when she was clear, she took out a small packet from her pocket and poured it into one of the bottles.

She looked around once again before taking the other bottles and spilling the water out.

END OF FLASHBACK

"I swear, if you did anything to Hyunjin that caused him to be in the state that he is in right now, you won't be living for the next 2 days." Minho told fiercely.

Heiran rolled her eyes and just yawned, "Let me go, I'm gonna go back home now that I know Hyunjin's fine."

Daehwi reluctantly let the other go and everyone watched as she walked off.

Once Hyunjin saw that her figure was no longer in sight, he immediately let out a big sigh which caught the attention of the others.

"Are you okay Hyunjin?" Daehwi asks worriedly as he noticed his best friend look much weaker than usual.

"Maybe I just need to rest." Hyunjin replied and went back inside the house without saying anything else.

It was obvious he was tired and the others just let him be, knowing he was sick.

Jeongin stood in thought with the scene replaying in his mind several times.

"She knew Hyunjin was sick, when no one told her. She acts weird literally all the time and is overly obsessed with Hyunjin. She didn't even answer my question, but instead smiled and she rolled her eyes at Minho's response...This girl is definitely up to no good."

Jeongin then thought about what happened during the school party on Friday.

"She showed up out of nowhere, which means she left juvenile. We argued for a good 5 minutes and she wouldn't leave Hyunjin alone...When she left, Minho went and grabbed Hyunjin food and water.."

Then, the situation immediately clicked inside of Jeongin's head.

"It all connects.." He mumbled and caught the attention of the others who were staring at him already.

"What connects?" Changbin asks while tilting his head.

"This whole situation. It all connects. She must've did something, it's obvious. She had to be the reason Hyunjin's sick."

Chan looked at the boy, confused.

"Minho. At the school party, you got Hyunjin food and a cup of water, correct?"

Minho nodded while he had a confused look plastered on his face.

"Chan, at what time did Heiran exactly, leave, this party?"

"I believe she left when Hyunjin was close to punching her in the face, why?"

Ignoring the question Chan asked, Jeongin shifted his eyes back onto Minho, "Minho, when you got Hyunjin food, how many waters were there?"

"Only one left."

"Was there anything near the water, by any chance?"

"There was this small packet, but I didn't bother looking at it.."

Jeongin clicked his tongue, finally realizing the truth behind this whole situation.

"Heiran poured something in Hyunjin's water."

Everyone was still confused as ever.

"How do you know?" Daehwi joined into the conversation, curious of what Jeongin was going to say.

"Chan said she left after Hyunjin was close to punching her, but Chan, did you actually see her leave the place or did you assume?"

Chan stood in thought for a bit until realizing that he never actually seen the girl leave, in fact, Chan was the one who left first with Hyunjin, leaving Heiran alone.

"Knowing Heiran for so long, there's no way she would leave just like that without pulling some type of trick on any of us."

"But what could she possibly put in the water?"

Jeongin shifted his eyes to each and every person that was staring at him before replying, "Drugs."