chapter thirty-one

Jiwoon managed to make his way back to the school after the terrible incident. Right when he arrived, Jeongin stood there in front of him with crossed arms.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Jiwoon asks with a raised eyebrow.

"What about you? What happened to Seungmin, Jiwoon?" Jeongin replied in a deeper voice than usual.

"He got sick." Jiwoon was quick to respond, but Jeongin was also quicker.

"Yeah just how he suddenly got sick when he was completely fine this morning. Not to mention, I also found blood splattered on the concrete by the bleachers."

Jiwoon's eyes widened as he completely forgot about the blood.

"This morning when I was talking to Seungmin, I saw him leave and take a route that possibly could've led him outside at the field. Also, one of the football players saw you at the bleachers this morning."

"I-"

"If you don't mind, I would love to hear the full truth about this. And if you just so happen to refuse to tell me, I will call the police and tell them you attempted a murder."

Jiwoon eyed down the boy in front of him before moving to the side, in attempt to enter the building.

Jeongin stopped him in his own tracks, "I'm afraid you don't understand what I said." He stated with crossed arms once again.

"Je-"

"Or do I perhaps have to recall the memory to help you remember what happened?" Jeongin spoke while taking a step forward towards Jiwoon.

The other only stayed silent, not sure on what was about to happen.

"Seungmin confronted you this morning—he shouted at you. You got mad and pushed him off the bleachers and that's what caused him to bleed out."

Jiwoon was merely confused on how Jeongin knew all this. He knew the boy wasn't near the incident, so how would he know what exactly happened?

Jeongin pulled out his phone and put '911', then proceeding to show the other who soon freaked out silently.

"If you don't own up right now, I might as well just call the number." Jeongin threatened while he had a good grip on his phone just in case the other had the guts to try and take it away.

However, he wasn't the only observant person here. Jiwoon had the plan on taking away the others phone at first, but it changed as soon as he noticed the right grip Jeongin had.

"There's no point in calling the police. I didn't attempt a murder, my brother is just in a coma." Jiwoon confessed calmly, even though his inner soul was deadly panicking.

Jeongin put his phone away slowly, "Is it confirmed he'll wake up?"

Jiwoon exhaled softly, "No."

;

Jeongin walked back into the classroom as if he hasn't been gone for the last 30 minutes. All eyes were on him for a split second before everyone turned back away. He went to his table which had Felix waiting impatiently for him.

"Jeongin, where the fuck were you? I need help with the stupid assignment and you leave for 30 minutes!" Felix complained as he aggressively pointed at the assignment the teacher handed out in the beginning of class.

"Sorry, some kid clogged up the toilets. I guess they had explosive diarrhea or something." Jeongin shrugged and sat back down in seat while biting his bottom lip to hold his laughter.

"I—what?" Felix was just as confused as the other was. He didn't even know why he made up such excuse.

"Shh, let's just finish this easy assignment." Jeongin spoke and grabbed out a pencil.

"Easy?! You just came back and you're already calling it easy after I've been struggling to do the first question ever since you left?!"

The younger only laughed at the older's state and just did the work while Felix was copying him.

Two of them managed to finish the assignment before class ended. Majority of it was Jeongin as Felix just copied his entire work.

"Did you find Seungmin?" Felix suddenly asks after he remembered the situation that happened.

Jeongin brought his mind back to the conversation he had with Jiwoon, who confessed that Seungmin was in a coma.

He didn't want to tell Felix, however. He knew the other would freak out and worry about Seungmin too much—it'd start to affect his mental health.

"I haven't found him yet.." Jeongin lied and fortunately Felix fell for it.

;

As soon as school ended, Jiwoon immediately went to the hospital to visit Seungmin. The doctor let him in and he was soon alone with his brother.

"I can't believe I caused this." Jiwoon spoke out softly.

Just by looking at Seungmin, Jiwoon felt his eyes water. His brother was officially the first one to have made him cry.

"The doctors said they won't know when you'll wake up, but I know you'll wake up. You have to wake up."

Jiwoon stared at his brother in disbelief. Never in his entire life has he thought about this moment.

"However though...Hyunjin broke his deal."

"He didn't stick with me, so I had to do what I had to do."

"Which is...make his friends miserable. And it's a coincidence how you're one of his friends."

Jiwoon wiped his tears and smirked evilly, "It's hard to play the victim most of the time, but when I do, I most certainly do not fail at it."

Jiwoon stood up from the chair he was sitting on and made his way towards the door. Before he left, he glanced at his brother once last time.

"Oh and the things that happened when we were younger—"

"You deserved it."