chapter thirty-three

"I—uh.." Hyunjin was speechless. He did not expect everyone to volunteer to his weird favor, but now that it happened, he didn't know what to do.

"I mean if you really think about it, 6 handsome men is better than 1." Changbin told after realizing Seungmin wasn't with them.

"And maybe it'll turn into 7 if Seungmin...you know."

Jeongin let out a sigh as he remembered the conversation he had with Jiwoon just earlier.

"Why do you even need a fake boyfriend anyways?" Jisung suddenly asks with his curious face.

"U-Uhm...it's for important reasons I can't exactly tell..?" Hyunjin responded nervously. He didn't even know why he couldn't tell them, but he figured he shouldn't.

"Well then, if you're not going to choose might as well I just take the place!" Minho said while walking over towards the boy.

"I was gonna put my hand over your shoulder but I don't know if you're okay with it so.."

Hyunjin just scoffed, "You're fine."

Minho smiled and put his hand over Hyunjin's shoulder while the rest just looked at him with a judgmental glare.

"Really Minho? Really?" Chan said with a scoff before face palming himself.

"What? Hyunjin needs a good looking man who is also capable of protecting him, right?"

"Yeah..." Hyunjin sighed.

"It's a weird idea, but how about we just all do the favor? It can't be that bad. Plus, aren't we known as the polyamory relationship group? or whatever." Jisung suddenly suggested which soon brought everyone in thought for a bit.

"I'm sorry?" Hyunjin mumbled out.

"We can all act like your boyfriend, no?"

"Uhm.."

"It's your choice. We won't force it." Jeongin reassured with a slight smile.

Hyunjin stared off into space for a few moments before making up his mind.

"Fine. Just don't do it all at once." He finally spoken.

;

The next day, Daehwi caught up with Hyunjin by his locker as he grabbed out his books that he needed for class.

"Hyunjin. What's up with that fake boyfriend act now?" Daehwi suddenly asks since he never had the chance before.

"It's a plan to finally get Jiwoon off of me. I doubt it'll work, but...It never hurts to try." Hyunjin responded and only earned a concerned look from the other.

"But wouldn't that just make it worse? I mean—you've told him many times you weren't gay and all of a sudden you're 'dating' 6 boys?"

"I've told him I wasn't gay, but he didn't buy it."

Daehwi sighed, "Is your knee healing or getting somewhat better?" He questioned while looking down at the other's knee.

"It's still a pain to walk, but I think it's getting better little by little."

"Alright, if you say so."

Daehwi waved bye to Hyunjin before leaving to get his own books from his locker.

As Hyunjin was struggling to put all his notebooks into his backpack, someone else showed up and volunteered to carry it for him.

"Need a strong man? Here, I'll carry your bag for you!" Changbin insisted before grabbing Hyunjin's bag and putting all his notebooks inside.

"Oh—Thanks." Hyunjin smiled and closed his locker before adjusting his crutches.

;

Jiwoon went to the hospital before going to school. He wanted to see his little brother, again.

Once the doctor let him in the room, he saw Seungmin, peacefully laying there. There was a chance he wasn't gonna wake up, but there was another slight chance he will.

There was no in between, it was completely unknown.

Jiwoon sat down next to the bed and had his eye on Seungmin.

"Any plans on waking up, brother?" He asked, a slow smirk growing on his face until he brushed it off.

"You know, you could die in like a minute, or in an hour, or tonight, or tomorrow. We wouldn't know."

The boy leaned closer, "Do you want to die, Seungmin?"

Jiwoon slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small knife he was carrying around for ages.

He stepped closer to his brother, holding the knife in front of him.

"I think it's time you have your beauty rest, forever, right?" Jiwoon smirked evilly once again.