chapter two

"How was it? Do you know your way around campus now?" Daehwi asks as he sat down with his lunch tray.

"Mhm." Is all that left Hyunjin's mouth. He didn't want to talk about the whole conversation he had with Jisung and those other people.

It was lunch time now, and all Hyunjin did was pick and play with his food. He lost his appetite very quickly and just didn't want to eat or drink anything. Daehwi noticed this and just couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"Are you okay?" He worriedly spoke out. All Hyunjin did was nod though. However, Daehwi did not seem convinced but he just let it slide. Or, that was until the same group of people Hyunjin saw in the library, started to walk up to his table.

Daehwi looked up and noticed them right away. "You guys need something? Jisung?"

"Lee Daehwi. Is this your friend?" Minho asks, though he already knew the answer to that question.

"Mhm. This is Hyunjin, Hwang Hyunjin!"

The group all act surprised as if they didn't just see him a couple hours ago. "Ah, Hwang Hyunjin. I see."

"Well, we just wanted to stop by and tell you that this Hwang Hyunjin caught our eye." Minho spoke, smirking as he saw the look on Hyunjin's face.

"Ah...sorry- Hyunjin isn't-"

"Gay? Oh, we know."

Daehwi's face turned shocked and confused in less than a second, "How do you know?"

"Let's just say...we met your little friend in the library just a few hours ago. He didn't give us the best greeting." Chan spoke out while sitting right across from Hyunjin.

"What do you mean?" Daehwi stared at Hyunjin, who avoided all eye contact whatsoever.

"I told you guys to stay the fuck away from me. Did you not take that seriously?" Hyunjin quietly responded. Chan just cocked an eyebrow while smirking.

"No, I apologize. Mind telling us again?"

Daehwi continued to stare at Hyunjin as he got angrier.

"Hyunjin, what did you do? I told you-"

"You told me what? You were well aware that something was gonna happen when you let your stupid gay friend tour me around!" Hyunjin shouted, leaving his friend stunned. Daehwi was speechless and had nothing else to say.

Before anyone could say anything else, Hyunjin ran out of the cafeteria.

"I'm sorry. Hyunjin hasn't had the best relationship with gay people-"

"It's okay. We'll go talk to him."

"I don't think that's a good idea!"

"We'll be fine, don't worry."

After minutes of searching for Hyunjin, the group found him sitting outside on the bleachers, head down low. They all stole glances at each other first before walking up to him one by one.

Hyunjin's eyes were closed until he heard footsteps coming up to him and he knew exactly who owned those footsteps. His fists clenched as they got closer and closer.

"Hyunjin." A familiar voice spoke out. It was rather soft than loud, but he immediately got angry.

"Leave me alone." Hyunjin deeply spoke, trying to sound intimidating but all he heard was stifled laughter.

"It's rude of you to say that, Hyunjin." Chan replies, but it just made the other even angrier than he was before.

"I wouldn't be so rude if you just left me alone!" Hyunjin shouted while now making direct eye contact with every single person that was surrounding him.

"Okay...then tell us a valid reason on why you hate us, or to specify, gay people so much?"

"Yeah, we didn't even do anything to you but you just treated us like you owned this school."

Hyunjin clenched his fists tighter as a different voice spoke around his head. All he wanted was to just pass this school year, get into college, and not having to worry about a thing.

"Well, it looks like you don't have a valid reason now do you?~" Minho teased.

"I don't need to give a valid reason for you guys to leave me alone." Hyunjin replied, anger showing in his eyes.

"You brought this on yourself buddy, you started being rude to us first." Changbin shrugged.

"Okay? What do you want me to do? Apologize?" He scoffed.

"Mhm, it'd be highly appreciated if you did."

"Hmm, alright. I'm sorry for my past actions and I will change in the future. There, now leave me alone."

"That didn't sound like you meant it."

"Yeah because I didn't." Hyunjin chuckled but was soon tackled on the bleachers by Chan.

The boy hit his head hard against the bleachers as Chan tightly held onto his wrists.

"You really think you're cool huh? In just seconds I can make you into a crying mess kid."

Chan wasn't wrong, Hyunjin was on the verge of tears due to the amount of pain he had in his head and how hard Chan was gripping onto his wrists. However, Hyunjin didn't want to appear as weak to the group, because then they'll have an advantage of him.

"Chan be careful, he hit his head pretty hard..." Jeongin whispered and Chan took a glance at the boy's face. He noticed his eyes were watering and he was struggling to get out of the grip.

"Let go you bitch!" He shouted in Chan's face, and that just made the older angrier. He tightened the grip on Hyunjin's wrists without even realizing.

"Chan you're hurting him!" Seungmin shouted and Chan clicked back into his senses.

This time, Hyunjin let the tears roll down his cheeks, he didn't even care anymore.

"Let go of him Chan or you'll end up killing him." Jisung spoke, and the older immediately let go.

As soon as Chan let go, Hyunjin stared at how red his wrists were and winced in pain. He sat up quickly, forgetting about the fact he hit his head on the bleachers really hard.

"Way to go Chan, you almost killed the boy!" Felix sarcastically cheered but was soon signaled to be quiet.

"And you guys ask why I hate ya'll so much." Hyunjin mumbled as he got up.

However, he soon trembled and fell right into Chan's arms.