chapter thirty-seven

Daehwi fell down in pain after successfully hitting the other right in the jaw, causing him to fall unconscious.

"Aish, fuck. Out of all places, you had to hit me in the liver. Seriously Jiwoon?" Daehwi cursed at the boy silently as he shut his eyes in pain.

A few minutes later, Hyunjin then showed up and immediately panicked seeing his best friend on the floor, laying helplessly in pain.

"Daehwi!" Hyunjin ran up to the boy, leaving his crutches behind and the thought of his knee being broken completely disappeared in this split second.

Once he reached the other, he soon realized he just ran with a broken knee, but he didn't care.

"Ouch...Daehwi, are you okay? What happened?!" Hyunjin lifted his best friend up so he could at least sit up straight.

"Jiwoon attacked me...but I'm fine." Daehwi replied holding his stomach, but that action soon got noticed.

"You're clearly not...you look like you're in complete distress."

"Hyunjin!" Chan called out, the rest of the boys following him. They all noticed the crutches on the ground and saw Hyunjin with Daehwi.

Jeongin picked up the crutches while the others rushed towards the incident.

"Where'd he hit you?" Hyunjin asks with a frown. He did not expect Jiwoon to attack Daehwi, out of all the people he knew.

"In the liver, 2 times."

"2 times?!" Hyunjin shouted with a shock expression plastered on his face.

"Yeah but its fi—"

"Cut the bullshit Daehwi. If you were actually fine you wouldn't be laying here holding your stomach." Hyunjin spoke fiercely, which shocked everyone else.

"Damn that's kind of hot." Minho thought to himself as a small smirk started to grow upon him.

"Let's take you to the nurse?"

"I suggest not. The nurse is just gonna give me an ice pack, it won't help the pain at all." Daehwi said while sighing.

"How about you try standing up?"

Hyunjin lifted Daehwi up successfully until he felt the pain in his knee, causing him to tumble down.

"Hyunjin!"

"Okay, why would you let go of your crutches?" Daehwi asks, almost close to sounding like he's scolding the other as Jeongin gave back the crutches.

"It's not my fault my best friend was on the ground in pain and I somehow just panicked seeing him like that." Hyunjin replied sassily as he stood back up again, this time with the crutches.

"Next time, don't do that."

"You don't want me to help you?"

"If you're in pain yourself, no."

Hyunjin frowned at his best friend. But then again, he would obviously sacrifice his life to save him, no matter how many times Daehwi would refuse.

"Are you okay though?"

Hyunjin just smiled, "I'm okay, all I felt was a painful shock, that's it."

Daehwi scoffed at how unserious Hyunjin was being, "You don't want it to get worse."

"Uhm sorry to interrupt but...what are we gonna do with him?" Changbin spoke as he pointed at Jiwoon who was unconscious on the floor.

"Eh, just leave him here."

;

Hyunjin walked to the back of the school to meet up with Heiran who was waiting for about 10 minutes now.

"What took you so long?" Heiran asks in an annoyed toned that was completely visible to the other.

"Jiwoon attacked Daehwi and I had Chan's group following me like lost puppies." Hyunjin grumbled.

"Aish, whatever. So, you do know Seungmin's in a coma, right?"

Hyunjin's eyes widened in shock, "What?!" He shouted, but was soon signaled to be quiet by the girl.

"I—You didn't-? Never mind. I'm here to tell you that Jiwoon attempted to kill him earlier and you need to be aware of that."

The boy was shocked as he heard every word that slipped out of the other's mouth.

"So...I'm guessing none of his friends know about him being in a coma either, right?"

"Mhm."

"I need you to tell them about our whole conversation, okay?"

"Listen, Jiwoon is planning something. From sending his own brother to a coma, then attempting to murder him, and then transfer that into him attacking your best friend. Can you connect the dots, Hyunjin?"

The said boy stood in thought for a bit before he couldn't quite do as told.

"What I'm saying is, Jiwoon is doing all of this because he made a deal with you that you broke and he's getting revenge."

"Hwang Hyunjin, I shall give you a choice. I know you made some friends back in this new high school you're attending so, It's either you stick with me or I go and kidnap one of your little friends and make their life miserable."

"That's right...t-the choices he gave me.." Hyunjin stuttered as he remembered every single scene that happened between him and Jiwoon.

"And one of your friends he chose was Seungmin, his brother. He knew Seungmin would be an easy target since they are related. This is why he gave you such choices. If you left him, he would simply not only make your life miserable, but Chan and the rest of the group miserable."

"Hyunjin, you need to help Seungmin."

"I'll tell the group all of this and we'll go visit him." Hyunjin responded.

"One wrong move and it's over. Seungmin's life is on thin ice right now."