chapter six

"Wait wait wait, so he asked Heiran to be his fake girlfriend?" Jisung asks with his eyes widened.

"Apparently, that's what I heard. But that fucking bitch is gonna do something to him I swear." Chan replies angrily with his fists clenched. He didn't even know why he was angry, just a second ago he was on the verge of beating Hyunjin up.

"We can't let him go through the same thing twice." Minho joined in, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Let's just watch him from a distance, shall we?"

Everyone nodded at that idea. They decided to give Hyunjin space as he just opened up to them. However, they'll still watch him incase Heiran might do something.

;

"So...are you and the boys cool now?" Daehwi asks as he walks through the halls with his best friend, who had his eyes on the ground the entire time.

"Not sure." Hyunjin mumbled before sighing. He still didn't have full trust on any of the group, but his mind was replaying that scene of Chan comforting him for hours.

"Well be honest, would you be friends with at least one of them?" Daehwi suddenly asks, causing the other to finally make eye contact.

"What do you mean?" He scoffs.

"Just answer my question."

"I'd most likely become friends with Felix, he's not that aggressive and plus he seems nice in general." Hyunjin shrugged.

"Ah, yeah he is nice." Daehwi replies with a smile before pulling out his phone to stop recording.

;

"Why'd you want me to do this?"

The group listened to the recording that Daehwi brought closely.

"We gotta see what he thinks of us." Jeongin spoke first, breaking the silence.

"He's not gonna be comfortable with us yet, he needs to time to adjust." Minho joined in while handing the phone back to Daehwi, who mumbled a small thank you.

"I don't know why y'all are trying so hard, he's still afraid. Nothing really changed other than the fact he opened up to us." Changbin scoffed, obviously having no hope in whatever the group was thinking about.

"I thought we all agreed on just watching him from a distance, no?" Chan reminded, as he was now getting more and more confused about this situation.

"We will watch him from a distance."

"How are you guys gonna watch him from a distance? Once he finds out you all are practically stalking him, he will get even more uncomfortable and afraid." Daehwi suddenly joined into the conversation, earning all pairs of eyes on him.

"Exactly, so y'all better not get caught."

;

Hyunjin grabbed the books he needed out from his locker and placed them in his bag. "Aish, so heavy.." He thought as he put his bag over his shoulder.

Not a minute later, the bell rang and Hyunjin rushed to his class, or at least tried. By the time he got to his class, the bell rang.

"Yo bro, why you so late?" Hyunjin's seat mate asks.

"I'm not even late Beomgyu, the bell rang right after I entered." Hyunjin replied as he placed his heavy bag down, sigh of relief slipping out of his mouth once he did.

Beomgyu looked over and noticed that Hyunjin's bag looked bigger than usual, "You carrying the books again?" He asks, and soon earned a nod in response.

"Why don't you just sign up to get a cubbie for all your classes? That way, you can leave all your books in your classes instead of carrying them around."

"Too much work." Hyunjin mumbled as he pulled out his notebook and a pencil.

Beomgyu just shrugged before putting his focus back onto his notebook which already had a few hand-written notes in it.

"Here, copy my notes." He passed his notebook to his seat mate, who immediately started writing down the notes in his notebook.

"It's a study hall today, so do whatever." Beomgyu spoke again as he took out his folder that was full with papers.

"Do whatever? Ah, so I will skip." Hyunjin smirked as he got up from his seat and took a bathroom pass that was hanging off the wall and exited the classroom.

Hyunjin first went to the bathroom since he actually did have to go. As he finished washing up his hands, he was met with Heiran who was waiting in front of the door.

"Hyunjin." She spoke softly.

"Do you need anything Heiran?" He replies with a confused look.

"Are we still doing the fake girlfriend and boyfriend thing?" She asks, making Hyunjin realize that he asked her to be his fake girlfriend.

"Uh..no, I don't think so." Hyunjin awkwardly smiled while rubbing his nape.

"Ah...okay..by the way, I was kind of hurt when you told me if I could pretend to be your fake girlfriend." She suddenly ranted, and Hyunjin couldn't think of anything to say as he was speechless.

"Oh..I'm sorry." He awkwardly apologized, he was about to leave until Heiran grabbed his wrist.

"You shouldn't play with a girl's heart like that."

Hyunjin was taken aback about the sudden action and what Heiran just said.

"I-I uh, what?" Hyunjin stuttered, making it obvious that he was confused on what the other was trying to say.

"I like you, Hyunjin. But it broke my heart when you asked me to be your fake girlfriend."

Hyunjin's eyes widened at the sudden confession, "Heiran—I'm a new student here, how could you possibly catch feelings this quick?"

"You're handsome."

"Only because you find me handsome?"

"Well, yeah. What else am I supposed to say?"

"I don't think that's true love then, Heiran."

Heiran tightened her grip on the others wrists, showing that she was getting quite angry, "My heart is telling me that I'm in love with you, Hyunjin."

"Your heart is telling you wrong. If you only like me because I'm handsome then you don't truly like me!" He slightly raised his voice, also showing that he was starting to get angry as well.

Heiran got even angrier as the other raised his voice. She roughly pushed Hyunjin into the bathroom before entering on her own.