chapter ten

"That's love growing on you." Daehwi spoke, causing Hyunjin's face expression to immediately drop.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hyunjin replied while pretending to clean his ear.

"Love. You never felt that before?"

"I-I mean of course I felt love before but..not with a guy..." Hyunjin slapped himself after he realized he stuttered.

"Welp, get yourself together because you're falling in love." Daehwi shrugged and tried his best to contain his laughter after he saw Hyunjin's shocked face.

;

As Hyunjin was walking home from school, all he could think about was the words that left Daehwi's mouth. He was completely stunned and just kept wondering if he was actually falling in love or not.

Whether he was or not, he would refuse to admit he was. The thought of him falling in love with Chan just somehow gave him a weird feeling. Not a gross feeling, but a feeling he couldn't somewhat describe.

Once he got home, he rushed to his room, ignoring the stares he got from his mother.

He shut his door and flopped down onto his bed, staring at his ceiling while being in thoughts.

"What am I doing..."

He grabbed his pillow and buried his face in it.

;

"Come on guys, the school party will be starting in only a few days! We have to finish this poster." Felix spoke as the others were all doing completely different things.

The boy looked around and no one was paying attention to him, which made him slightly angry.

"Guys!" He shouted and finally got everyone's attention on him.

"Help me finish this damn poster will you?" He said again, but this time in a more deeper voice.

"Okay okay!"

As told, everyone gathered around the big poster and helped Felix decorate it.

;

"This is such a bad habit of yours! You spilled your whole trauma to them just so they could leave you alone yet you still didn't get what you wanted?!" Hyunjin's mother shouted out of anger and disappointment.

"And not only that, you fell in love with them?! Gosh Hyunjin! Who knew you could be this blind!?" She continued with frustration in her voice.

"Mother I said I don't know whether I fell in love, okay?! And even if I do, It's only with one of them, not all!" Hyunjin shouted back as his eyes started to water.

"I thought this change of schools will help you, but to my dismay, it did nothing but worse!"

"Mother I didn't mean to!"

"What do you mean you didn't mean to? How can you accidentally fall in love with somebody?"

"I don't know mother, I don't know why I fell in love!"

;

For the next few days, Hyunjin locked himself in his room. He knew it wasn't a good idea since he was missing assignments, especially because he's still somewhat new to the school.

He ignored all messages he got from Daehwi. He just needed some space to think about what has happened and how to forget about it.

He put his phone on silent so the messages and calls he's been receiving won't bother his thinking space.

;

"Any answer? Not even any reads?" Changbin asks the boy, who just only disappointedly shook his head as a no.

"He's never ignored me like this before, even when he's mad at me."

The others sighed as there was no responses coming from the phone.

They waited for hours and hours, but yet still no reply.

-:-

As soon as the dismissal bell rang, Jeongin rushed to find Daehwi.

"Daehwi!" The boy ran up to the other as soon as he spotted him, already walking home.

"Jeongin?"

"Did Hyunjin respond? At All?" He asks for one final time, hoping for a new answer. However, all he got was the same sentence he didn't want to hear.

"No, not even a single read." Daehwi replied, obvious that he was getting worried and somewhat upset.

Jeongin's face dropped as soon as he heard the other.