chapter twenty-three

For the next few days, Hyunjin was living in complete misery. All of a sudden rumors of him started spreading about him talking bad about his friends. He was lost and to make matters even more worse, Jiwoon kept being clingy and touching him everywhere, making him extremely uncomfortable.

He didn't even expect his own best friend to not even try to understand his side of the story, none of them did. It's like they just saw the picture and ran with it.

"Are you sure you don't want revenge, Hyunjin?" Jiwoon asks while having his arm around the other's shoulder.

"I don't want you laying a finger on any of them." Hyunjin responded.

"Protecting the ones who betrayed you, you're so easy to manipulate."

"I know I'm not in the wrong. I can't believe they would believe something like that."

Jiwoon just shrugged and moved his hand onto Hyunjin's thigh.

The boy was disgusted at the other's action but he couldn't do anything to stop it, otherwise he'd be putting his friends in his spot.

"This is my favorite spot, did you know?"

"Well you're always placing your fil—your hand is always on my thigh so.."

Jiwoon stared at Hyunjin, he knew what the other was going to say, but he didn't mention it.

While the two sat in silence, Younghoon came rushing through the doors, heading straight to Hyunjin, who was clueless.

"Hyunjin? Why would you talk shit about Chan guys?" Younghoon asked, he didn't sound angry, just upset.

"I never talked shit about anyone! Do I look like that type of person?"

Younghoon pulled out his phone and showed the voice recording Hyunjin had already seen.

"Whoever made that recording is spreading it around so fast.."

"The voice sounds exactly like you." Younghoon said, and Hyunjin internally face palmed himself.

Younghoon put his phone back into his pocket and his eyes suddenly went on the hand that was placed on Hyunjin's thigh. He shifted his eyes towards Hyunjin and realized his face expression.

He was clearly uncomfortable.

"Can you meet me at the back of the school after?" Younghoon whispered and the other just nodded.

Once Younghoon left and the two were alone once again, Jiwoon forced Hyunjin to look at him by grabbing his chin.

"Who was that and what'd he whisper to you?"

"I-It was just my friend.." Hyunjin wanted to slap himself after he realized he stuttered for absolutely no reason.

"Why the stutter? You scared?"

Hyunjin ignored the other and turned away. He needed to find out how a voice recording started to spread around so fast and who actually made it. He was still in disbelief after knowing that Chan and everyone else believed the recording and not him.

However, he was also kind of pissed. Daehwi took Chan's side without even hearing a single word from him. Considering the fact the two were best friends, Daehwi just leaving through mid-air really hurt the other.

In the middle of Hyunjin's thought process, Jiwoon startled him by placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You still have those soft cheeks of yours." He smirked and placed another kiss.

"And you still have those disgusting lips of yours."

Hyunjin frowned and sighed.

;

"He looked so uncomfortable." Younghoon spoke while rubbing the back of his head.

"Isn't he straight too?" Beomgyu asks while scratching his head.

"Yeah and that boy was rubbing his thigh as if they were dating."

"Do you know who he is?"

"I never seen him before, he must be a transfer student."

Beomgyu was silent for a bit before Younghoon spoke out again.

"I'll ask him after school, I told him to meet me in the back."

As the two were speaking about Hyunjin, someone was silently listening to the whole conversation by the door.

;

"You're not leaving me." Jiwoon had a tight grip around the others waist after hearing the sudden news.

"You can't just hold me back from going to my friend.." Hyunjin replied while trying his best to get out of Jiwoon's grasp.

"Fine, I'll let you go on one condition."

"What?"

"Kiss me."

"What?!"

"On the lips."

Hyunjin gave the other a disgusted shocked look on his face. He knew Jiwoon was just using this as an advantage.

"C-Can't I just give a small peck on the cheek? Why on the lips.."

"On the lips or you can't go."

Hyunjin looked outside of the window and saw Younghoon who just passed by. He hesitated for more than a second.

He held his breath and gave a peck on Jiwoon's lips before dashing away. He wiped his lips out of disgust and wanted to throw up.

He met up with Younghoon who was at the back of the school patiently waiting.

"You wanted to meet?" Hyunjin said while panting heavily.

Before replying, the boy checked to see if Jiwoon was anywhere near, and after seeing he wasn't, he pulled Hyunjin more closer.

"Who was that boy you were with earlier today?" He asked out of curiosity, and Hyunjin was shocked at how sudden the other was being.

"Oh uh...He's a transfer student, I was asked to help him around campus." He lied, but after observing Younghoon's face, he knew the boy never fell for it.

"Don't lie Hyunjin.."

"I'm not lying—he really is a transfer student."

Younghoon stood there before asking the question he's been wanting to ask.

"Then why was he rubbing your thigh?"

Hyunjin's eyes widened and his heart started racing as he didn't know what to say.