chapter fourty-three

"For the last time, I said I was sorry Hyunjin." Chan tried to sound serious, but he couldn't hide the wide smile he had on his face.

"No." The other bluntly responded.

"Come on...stop being like this." Chan fake whined, making the other show a slight smile that he fortunately did not miss.

"Hey I seen that smile! Show me your face!" Chan said, moving his face closer to Hyunjin's, but only for him to turn away.

"I know you smiled."

"You have no proof." Hyunjin said with a stern look, finally facing the older.

"I may not have proof, but my eyes don't lie." Chan spoke as he moved his face more closer.

He expected Hyunjin to move, but surprisingly, he didn't move an inch and he just watched Chan get progressively closer to him.

"Chan..? What are you doing..." The boy whispered as his cheeks were going red.

"I'm gonna count to ten if you don't move before I reach ten, I will kiss you." Chan warned and Hyunjin was taken aback for a few seconds but he didn't move, which surprised Chan as well.

"A-All of a sudden?"

"I'm at 5...6..7."

Hyunjin watched Chan's lips move every second he counted.

"8...9..10."

The younger gasped once he felt Chan's lips touch his. He didn't do anything to stop him, but he didn't expect Chan to be serious.

Once the other let go of the kiss, Hyunjin was still wide eyed.

"I thought you were joking.." Hyunjin mumbled out as he brought his finger to his lips.

"And I thought you were gonna move. Why didn't you?" Chan asks and the other just blinked a few times.

"Uh...I.."

"Did you like it?"

Hyunjin was too flustered to respond and instead turned away, turning his focus to the others who were playing in the ocean.

Chan just chuckled before he got up and joined the other boys, leaving Hyunjin to think about what just happened.

"The first kiss...I think I actually enjoyed." He thought as the scene replayed in his mind.

"Gosh...what are you guys doing to me." Hyunjin brought his knees to his chest and his forehead to his knee, covering his full face.

"I can't fall in love with them. Hyunjin, pull yourself together."

;

After a few more hours spent at the beach, it was finally sunset time and everyone was gathered up on the mat, watching as the sun went down peacefully.

However, as the sun went down, it started getting colder and colder. The wind picked up fast and Hyunjin started to shiver from the coldness.

Jisung noticed this and tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Hyunjin, do you want my towel? You're shivering." Jisung spoke while wrapping his towel around Hyunjin.

"T-Thanks.." Hyunjin replied with a stutter due to the cold.

Changbin also soon to noticed how cold Hyunjin was and took off the hoodie he was wearing, "Here, wear it."

The other stared at the hoodie before staring at Changbin, "No no, you keep it for yourself. You must be—"

"Hyunjin, just take it. I'm not as cold as you are."

Reluctantly, Hyunjin took the hoodie and wore it over his thin white shirt.

"You guys wanna dine in at a restaurant for dinner tonight?" Minho asks and received a nod from everyone.

"Once the sun gets down, let's head out, alright? It's cold and someone is shivering way too much." Minho said, staring directly at the shivering boy.

"Yeah, glad you've noticed." Hyunjin replied softly.

Minho just laughed.

;

The boys all went back inside of the car after the sun officially set to head to a restaurant so they could eat dinner. Hyunjin eventually warmed up and tried giving Changbin his hoodie back, but the boy refused and told him to keep it.

"Chang—"

"Keep it, Hyunjin."

The younger frowned before looking through the menu.

"I'll just get pasta." Hyunjin said as he put the menu back at the end of the table.

Minho nodded and got everyone else's orders before calling over a waitress.

After about 20 minutes of waiting, all the food finally arrived and the group was now filling in their empty stomachs.

Then, when Hyunjin reached over for a packet of parmesan cheese for his pasta, one of the drinks accidentally knocked over and was spilt on Felix.

Hyunjin gasped once he saw what happened, "Oh my gosh—I'm so sorry. I'll clean it up for you." He said as he reached over for napkins instead.

"How about you guys go to the bathroom? It'll be easier." Jisung suggested, and Hyuniin nodded.

Felix followed and hopped onto the bathroom counter so Hyunjin could clean the mess he made.

"I'm sorry Felix, I didn't mean to spill a drink on you." He apologized again, and the other couldn't help but smile.

"It's alright Hyunjin, I know you didn't mean to do it. Accidents happen, right?" Felix spoke with a reassuring smile.

"I know, I just feel really bad."

"It's okay."

Hyunjin cleaned up most of it, but there was now a stain that was left on Felix's shirt.

"Ah, fuck. I'm sorry, it left a stain." Hyunjin said and looked up at Felix who was already staring at him, almost admiring the other.

"You can stop apologizing Hyunjin, I said it was fine. It's not your fault okay?"

"I mean, well—technically it is my fault but..."

"If I hear one more sorry coming from those pretty lips of yours, I will kiss them."

Hyunjin was dazed at the sudden outburst, "I uh...what?"

Felix burst into laughter after seeing the other's face, "Gosh, you're so cute when you're flustered."

"Felix!" Hyunjin grumbled and angrily threw the napkin in the trash.

"Why are you whining? You want me to kiss you?" Felix spoke as he leaned in closer and raised an eyebrow.

"What?! No! I mean—wait! I don't mean...uh-" Hyunjin was caught off guard and was completely speechless after hearing himself spit out random words.

"It's a simple yes or no Hyunjin. You want me to kiss you?" Felix asked again, but in a more deeper voice than usual.

Hyunjin's face flushed a pale red, "I mean I wouldn't mind it.." He mumbled out but Felix heard, making him smile a bit.

Without another word, Felix pulled Hyunjin in closer and gave a small peck on the lips before running out of the bathroom.

"Great...I got kissed by Chan and Felix."

——————————

of course there has to be SOME kind of romance in this book. after all, it is a skz x hyunjin anyways

but uh...

honestly, nvm 🫢