chapter eight

"Hyunjin?" The boy spoke as his seat mate never said a word for a few minutes and he was just frozen. Fortunately, Hyunjin snapped back into reality and made eye contact with Beomgyu.

"Oh- uh, sorry. I was just—thinking." Hyunjin stuttered and Beomgyu tilt his head in confusion.

"So...are you gonna answer me?" The boy spoke with a awkward smile.

Hyunjin replayed the scene in his mind one last time before responding, "I told you I was gonna skip, didn't I?" He smirked once he saw the expression on Beomgyu's face.

"You actually skipped?!" Beomgyu raised his voice, and this leaded to Hyunjin covering the boys mouth in attempt to quiet him.

"Yah! You're too loud Beomgyu!" Hyunjin scolded as he slowly removed his hand from the others mouth.

"Sorry!" Beomgyu nervously apologized and Hyunjin just lightly rolled his eyes.

"I just can't believe you actually skipped class.." Beomgyu spoke out with a shocked expression on his face.

"Aiya, just be quiet about it already."

;

Hyunjin tiredly walked to his last class of the day, which unfortunately happened to be his least favorite also, science.

Well, he doesn't hate the subject, he just hates the teacher.

As soon as he walked into the classroom, he noticed his friend waving at him, Younghoon. Hyunjin took no hesitation and sat right next to him.

"How have you been?" Younghoon asks as his friend settled down into his seat.

"I've been doing fine, you?" Hyunjin asks with a warming smile on his face.

"I'm doing great! I was waiting for my other friend but then you appeared, thank goodness."

The other slightly chuckled at his friend, "Who are you waiting for?"

"Chanhee. He always comes right before the bell rings so it pisses me off sometimes." Younghoon frowned while resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

Fortunately, two boys walked into the classroom and the other two that were sitting down already, immediately recognized them.

"Chanhee!"

"Seungmin...?"

Chanhee and Seungmin smiled as they took their seats next to the two other boys. Chanhee sitting next to Younghoon and Seungmin sitting next to Hyunjin.

"You arrived earlier than expected, congratulations." Younghoon spoke sarcastically, making Chanhee softly punch him.

"Hyunjin, you okay? You seem stiff all of a sudden."

"O-Oh- Yeah, sorry."

Hyunjin adjusted himself in the seat, trying to act more natural. He was shocked as Seungmin put no hesitation into sitting right next to him.

"Where's the damn teacher?" Hyunjin suddenly spoke out. The late bell was soon to be ringing and the teacher hasn't shown up.

"Days like this are common around this high school. Teachers run late for whatever reason." Younghoon replied while shrugging.

"It's quite weird." Chanhee joined in.

"Now to think about it, all the teachers are weird."

"How weird?"

"Well, you know..."

Before anyone could spill out another word, the teacher walked in, causing all the students to quiet and get back into their positions.

"Mister you're late!" A student shouted from the back as soon as the teacher walked through the door.

"Everyone quiet." The teacher strictly spoke, making the room dead silent as he walked over to his desk.

"There is important stuff with me and the other teachers. I won't be in here to teach for a while. Therefore, I'm assigning everyone a group project to work on as I am away."

"When things clear up, I expect everyone to be finished, or close to finishing up when I come back in this classroom."

The teacher sighed as he looked at everyones expression, "You may choose your own groups. I will leave copies of the rubric on my desk if anyone is curious. The project will be based on what you've learned so far. Get working."

As the teacher slowly left the classroom, everyone turned their attention back to their friends and whispers were heard across the room.

"What? The teacher is leaving all of a sudden?" Hyunjin asked, obviously not used to this unusual scene.

"Okay, I know the teachers are weird, but this weird? I didn't expect our teacher to just leave like that.." Younghoon spoke while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Sounds like we're in a movie and we all are about to die or something." Seungmin joined in, completely unserious about the situation.

"Our teacher just left us alone in the classroom and you're over here spitting out nonsense?" Hyunjin replied with slight anger and frustration in his voice.

"Chill out, it's not that serious. And plus, we got the classroom to ourselves anyways, don't we?" Seungmin said with a smirk, which made Hyunjin even angrier for some reason that he didn't even know.

"Hey, if y'all gonna fight, at least fight when I'm ready." Chanhee spoke out as he took out his phone, ready to record.

"Chanhee!" Younghoon scoffed as he snatched the others phone away.

"Yah! I need to film this!"

Hyunjin internally face palmed himself as he watched the boys in front of him argue as if the world was ending within a second.

Seungmin admired the boy next to him before opening his mouth, "Are you okay?" He softly asks as Hyunjin turned to face him.

"Huh?" He replied, confused and with his head tilt slightly.

"Chan told me."

"Oh...Yeah, I'm fine." Hyunjin showed a slight smile before suddenly realizing what he just did, and the other couldn't help but let out a few giggles.

"It's okay to smile Hyunjin." Seungmin spoke through giggles that were never-ending.

"I know. I just don't want to smile around you." The boy frowned, causing Seungmin to sarcastically roll his eyes.

"One day, you'll be comfortable with me and the rest." He thought as he turned his focus back on the two boys who were still arguing.