chapter seventeen

It was awkward silence for a while until Hyunjin broke it by sneezing, once again. The boy was most certainly cold, and had no appetite at all. He looked like a mess and just wanted to go home.

Without even thinking twice, Chan took off his hoodie and gave it to the sick one, who tried to refuse to accept it.

"You can't just give me your stuff, I'm sick." Hyunjin spoke with a stuffy nose.

"You're cold, wear it."

"I'm not cold, take this back."

"It's rude to refuse a gift from someone." Chan told with a raised eyebrow, knowing for a fact that he won the argument.

Hyunjin just rolled his eyes and reluctantly tossed on the hoodie that he received.

"It wasn't even a gift but whatever.." Hyunjin quietly mumbled under his breath.

Everyone continued to finish their breakfast and soon headed out of the restaurant. It was sunny but also windy, which made Hyunjin grumble as he was getting colder from the weather.

"You're lucky not much people were in that restaurant, you would've gotten at least someone sick." Changbin told while shaking his head in disbelief.

"I'd get you sick." Hyunjin talked back with a side eye.

"Woah, calm down now." Minho joined in a with fake cough.

Hyunjin just rolled his eyes and went back towards Daehwi's car, signaling him to unlock it. He thought he just wanted to bring him out for breakfast and he could just go home, but things twisted.

"Daehwi, I want to go home." He spoke with a pout, giving his best friend an annoyed gaze.

"Alright, I'll take this sick boy back home so he could sleep." The other said with a smile and soon got into his car.

"Your mom is home?" He asked as he turned the engine on.

Hyunjin shook his head. His mom has left early since she had a business meeting to attend to, and she won't be home until dark. Daehwi was shocked and suddenly changed plans.

"I'll just stay over then? There's no way you're gonna be sick and alone in a house."

;

The two arrived back home and Hyunjin just crashed onto the couch, not even trying to get himself to his room. Daehwi tossed a blanket over the boy before going over to the kitchen to make him tea.

Hyunjin stretched himself out so he could reach the remote and turned on the television.

"I thought you said you were tired?" Daehwi spoke up from the kitchen, which slightly startled the other.

"You don't understand. I'm not tired, I just feel tired...If that makes any sense." Hyunjin responded with a confused look.

"If you feel tired, why don't you take a nap?"

"But Daehwi, I'm not tired."

"Hyunjin you literally just said-"

"I feel tired! Not that I'm actually tired."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I feel tired! You know, emotions?"

"You're always speaking nonsense whenever you're sick." Daehwi sighed and brought the tea he made and carefully placed it down on the table.

Hyunjin glanced at the tea before sitting up and grabbing it. He blew on it before taking a small sip.

Daehwi felt the other's forehead and realized he was burning hot.

"Gosh Hyunjin! How the hell did you get so sick?"

Hyunjin shrugged, but he knew exactly how he got sick. It was all because of Heiran who caused him to stay outside in the cold weather for a longer amount of time than he should have.

"Just rest here, I'm gonna make you some ramen."

And with that being said, Daehwi got up and started to make Hyunjin ramen.

"You didn't eat much at the restaurant, So I expect you to eat at least half of this."

The sick boy placed the tea back on the table and lied back down on the couch, watching whatever the television was playing. He had no clue what was playing, but he was too lazy to change the channel to a different one.

However, he felt that something was off. He didn't know why, but he knew that something was not right. His gut feeling was telling him that something was gonna happen, and he didn't like the thought of it.

He just shrugged off the feeling for now, but he hasn't forgotten about it.

-

About 5 minutes later, the ramen was finished and Daehwi brought it to the table.

"Here, eat some of this and drink the tea. You'll feel somewhat better afterwards." He said with a warming smile.

Hyunjin thanked his best friend and picked up a spoon to drink a little bit of the soup before eating the actual ramen noodles.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom real quick, enjoy yourself!" And just like that, Daehwi was gone.

Hyunjin continued to drink the soup until he finally started to take a few bites of the noodles. He admit, it was pretty good and the tea did soothe his stomach and throat for a while.

He watched the television and ate the ramen.

A few moments later, Hyunjin was already done. He surprised himself since he did eat all the ramen that Daehwi made. He finished the tea and was completely satisfied.

He did feel kind of better, but still was coughing and sneezing.

Hyunjin looked around but he couldn't see Daehwi in his sight.

"He's probably still in the bathroom." He figured and got up himself to bring the empty dishes into the sink. He washed them and once he was done, he went back to the couch.

However, the gut feeling of him came rushing back in. He got up and looked around, Daehwi was no where in sight. Hyunjin walked towards the closed bathroom door and knocked.

"Daehwi? You okay in there?" He asks and started to worry as he got no response after a few seconds.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Don't worry." Daehwi responded back.

Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief, knowing that Daehwi was fine, he went back to the couch. But, he just couldn't let go of that weird feeling. It felt like, as if he was getting watched.

Little did he know, his gut feelings are always right.