chapter thirty-four

"What the fuck are you doing Jiwoon?" Heiran suddenly entered the room which startled the other.

"Why are you here?" Jiwoon asks out of shock, definitely not expecting Heiran to show up out of nowhere.

"I know about your stupid plan, you told me. Did you forget?" Heiran said as she walked closer to Jiwoon who was still holding the knife.

"Are you really planning to kill him?" She continued while staring down the sharp object.

"Why not?" Jiwoon bluntly replied.

"He's your damn brother for fuck sakes!" The girl shouted, but not loud enough for her voice to beam through the hallways of the hospital.

"So? All he did was make my life miserable. He's the reason why I'm like this today!" Jiwoon shout back at the same level as Heiran.

"No. No he's not. You went complete physco after Hyunjin left. You made yourself turn out like this, Jiwoon. And the fact you're not even aware of it explains everything."

Jiwoon stared at Heiran in shock, gripping onto the knife tighter and tighter as every second passed by.

;

Hyunjin sighed as he flipped to an empty page of his notebook, once again. Taking notes wasn't exactly his weakness, he just didn't prefer it as he gets bored easily.

While he was taking notes, he felt a sudden tap on his shoulder from behind him. He turned his head around and was met eye contact with Jisung.

"Your neck will be sore if you keep lowering it like that. Take a small break." Jisung whispered and rubbed the other's back for comfort.

Hyunjin only smiled before turning back to his notes.

However, Jisung then tapped him again.

"Yah, if you're not gonna listen to me, at least tell me instead of giving me that stupid cute smile of yours." He whisper shouted at Hyunjin who soon realized the compliment and got flustered.

Hyunjin again quickly turned his head forward so the other couldn't see him. He touched his cheek for a moment before covering his face.

"Cute smile...?"

His fists suddenly clenched, but not in a bad way.

"Gosh, it's the same feeling I felt with Chan..."

Hyunjin tried to brush off the weird feeling and continued taking notes, but he just couldn't. It's like that feeling was glued onto him.

An hour later, the bell finally rang and Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief. He didn't know how much longer he could've survived in such a silent classroom.

He packed all his things and just before he could grab his bag, someone else did it for him.

Of course it was Jisung.

"You have a broken knee, let me save you the trouble." He smiled and tossed Hyunjin's bag around his shoulder.

"Thanks.." Hyunjin mumbled before leaving the classroom, Jisung following along.

The two met up with the others who were out on the bleachers watching other students play football on the field.

"Hey Hyunjin!" Felix exclaimed as he ran over and hugged the boy, who was merely confused.

"H-Hi...? What's up with the hug?" He scoffed and looked Felix in the eye.

"I've always wanted to do that, sorry. You just look like a person who'd give the best hugs, you know?" Felix answered with a bright smile on his face that anyone could fall for.

"Okay..." Hyunjin was still confused but got over it and sat down next to Chan, not purposely though.

"So, you like football?" Chan asks Hyunjin who was caught off guard with the sudden question.

"Me? Oh uh—I'm not a big fan." He replied with a quickness.

"Oh really? What are your interests?"

"Well, my only interest right now is drawing...Pretty much it." Hyunjin shrugged and fiddled with his fingers.

"Ooo~ You good at that?"

"Uh..Kind of? I wouldn't say i'm a professional, you know." Hyunjin giggled, and oh boy did everyone just freeze.

Hyunjin noticed the silence and started to freak out, "What happened?"

Minho was the first to break out, "Nothing. Just your giggle was cute and I guess we all got caught off guard."

Hyunjin felt his cheeks go red after the sudden compliment.

"First my smile, then my giggle? I'm gonna go crazy." He thought as he touched his cheek again.

;

"Put the knife down Jiwoon." Heiran demanded through gritted teeth.

"And what if I don't? I'm the one with the weapon, not you." Jiwoon responded with anger while pointing the knife at Heiran instead.

"We're literally in a hospital right now. You do know if you throw some kind of act in here, you'll immediately go to jail."

"I should've been thrown behind bars ages ago, but I'm still here out in the open."

"One wrong move and you're done, Jiwoon."

"I have done many wrong moves already Heiran!" The boy shouted again as he threw the knife towards the girl, who barely seemed to miss it.

She panicked and picked the knife up from the ground.

"I can't believe you transformed into this physcopath." Was the last sentence that Heiran said before leaving the room, not forgetting to bring the knife with her so she could throw it out.

Jiwoon fumed with anger and threw a random vase to the ground, causing it shatter in millions of pieces.

He glared at his brother, "It's all because of you, you dumb fucking bitch. You're unconscious yet still manage to ruin my life huh?"

He clenched his fists and had the sudden urge to punch the other, but stopped himself fortunately.

"If you ever wake up, I will make you suffer as much as you made me suffer."

——————————

QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED BETWEEN JIWOON AND SEUNGMIN IN THE PAST?

we'll unravel their story soon, don't worry.