chapter twenty-one

A day has passed and it is now currently Monday. Heiran woke up and brought her mind to the stupid deal she gave into. She only had 2 days to try to get Hyunjin, so she obviously had to be strategic and think smart.

;

"Are you sure you're okay? You could've just stayed home you know." Daehwi spoke in a worried and concerned tone for his best friend.

"I mean—the pounding in my head is gone and I don't feel that bad today. I can endure it." Hyunjin responded with a reassuring smile so the other wouldn't worry too much about him.

Daehwi mumbled, "If you say so." Before walking into the school building.

The two met up with the other boys who were also shocked to see Hyunjin at school, considering the fact he was sick for the past 2 days.

"Hyunjin? Are you not sick anymore?" Changbin asks while walking up towards the taller male.

"I'm fine now. I just hope it doesn't affect me throughout the day." Hyunjin spoke softly with a warming smile.

Jeongin kept his eyes on Hyuniin as he thought about the possible drugs that he took. He also wondered if the others were aware of it also.

As a few of them were chatting with Hyunjin, Jeongin whispered to the boy next to him, who figured to be Seungmin.

"You remember about the drug conversation we had on Saturday, right?" Jeongin whispered to the boy who nodded.

"What about it?" Seungmin whispered back.

"Keep an eye on Hyunjin, he claimed he felt better but I know whatever drug Heiran used will come into effect anytime now."

Seungmin nodded once again and brought his gaze to Hyunjin who was still chatting with the other boys.

Minho looked back at Jeongin and soon made eye contact with him.

"This feels like a spy mission, I really don't like it." Minho thought before turning his attention back on the other.

Heiran soon also showed up at the school and her attention immediately went on Hyunjin as she saw him through the glass door of the main building.

She took a big deep breath in before making her way to the back of the school, which contained the field that all the boys were playing football in.

"How the hell does he expect me to get Hyunjin like it's no big deal?"

Heiran walked around the field aimlessly until she met eyes with Hyunjin, and then the thought suddenly came into mind.

"The drug that I put in his water...It'll come into effect by the end of school, I can just get him when school ends."

;

Jeongin couldn't stop staring at Hyunjin and kept shifting his eyes around the area as if he was covering up a murder scene.

It seemed like Hyunjin was doing perfectly fine and nothing was wrong with him now. However, he found it quite weird that one day he was in such pain and the next morning he felt completely fine.

It was also weird for the boys, considering the fact Jeongin mentioned about the drugs that he most likely could've took.

The rest of the day went smooth for Hyunjin. Nothing bad occurred and overall, he was having a decent day finally. He never knew how thankful he would be without those painful headaches that were constantly on him.

It was currently the last block of the day and Hyunjin was chatting with his friend, Younghoon, while the rest of the class were doing gardening work.

"I heard you were sick throughout the weekend, I'm glad you're feeling better now!" Younghoon exclaimed as he put his arm around the others shoulder.

"Yeah...It was really a bad weekend for me." Hyunjin scoffed.

"Well, It's all over now!"

;

Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief after not experiencing any troubles while he was in school. He was afraid that suddenly he would feel nauseous and get a headache, but it was almost as if he was completely better.

He said bye to his friends and as he walked out of school, he sensed someone following him.

Hyunjin turned around, but all he saw was other students walking the opposite way, heading towards the cafe that was near the school.

The boy shrugged off the weird feeling and continued to walk back home.

However, in just 5 minutes, he felt his head pounding and his body started getting weaker and weaker as he took more steps forward.

The tall boy suddenly collapsed to the ground and the last thing he saw before blacking out was a girl, making direct eye contact with him.

It was Heiran.