chapter twelve

"Aish, we ran out of tape." Felix frustratedly announced as he dropped their last set of it.

"I can go get more.." Hyunjin softly mumbled, but surprisingly everyone heard him.

"Me and Hyunjin will go get tape and some snacks for us to eat while we finish this room up." Chan loudly spoke so everyone in the room could hear. Hyunjin glanced at the other but immediately turned away before he got noticed.

;

"What snacks do you like, Hyunjin?" The boy asks while they were grabbing snacks for everyone.

"Uhm, I'm fine with any...I'll go get the tape." Was the last thing Hyunjin said before dashing away from the other.

He went to the other aisle that contained the tapes he needed while the other stayed in the snacks aisle.

Hyunjin didn't even know how many tapes they needed, so he just got five more. After a few minutes, he met up with Chan who was already at the checkout.

"That's a lot of snacks." Hyunjin spoke while trying to surpass his smile.

"Yeah, the boys will love it, trust."

The two placed all their things on the counter and waited for the total to come out.

"It'll be $14 please." The cashier spoke.

Hyunjin had his card out already, ready to swipe it. However, Chan snatched the card and swiped his own.

"Chan-"

"Thank you." Chan said before leaving the store. Hyunjin soon followed as he was still clueless about what had just happened.

"Chan I was gonna pay you know!" The boy sulked as he caught up with the other.

"You were too slow." The other replied with a blank face, showing no curiosity at all.

"What do you mean, too slow?! You literally snatched my card away!"

"And not to mention, you never gave it back."

Hyunjin pulled his hand out in front of Chan, signaling to him to give his credit card back. Though, the other only glanced at his hand before continuing to walk.

"Chan!"

"Yes Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes before responding, "Give me back my credit card you asshoe."

Chan pulled the card out of his pocket and placed it in the hands of Hyunjin's, "There. You're lovely credit card." Chan spoke with a smirk, that seemed to get unnoticed.

"Gosh, how hard was that?!"

"It was very hard."

;

The two boys arrived back at the school and met with the group, who was waiting impatiently for them. As soon as they heard the door open, they all sat up immediately.

"About time you guys come back! The store was literally only a five minute walk, what took so long?" Changbin was the first to speak up about the long absence of the other two boys.

"Chill-ax, it wasn't even that long. And plus, we even got snacks for all of you guys." Chan spoke as he showed the bag full of snacks.

The boys immediately gathered around and chose their favorite snacks from the bag.

"Damn, thanks Chan!" Minho said as he took a bag of chips.

"Of course, eat up everyone and let's continue."

For the past hour, everyone's been concentrating on setting up the party room for Friday. Small chats were thrown here and there, but for the most of it, it was silent. Jisung threw a few jokes to break the awkward silence, which helped thankfully.

And just in the next two hours, the boys were finished.

"Finally!" Daehwi let out a huff of air as sweat dripped off of him.

"Gosh it's hot in here!" Seungmin frowned and sat himself down on the stage.

"I think we did a good job." Jeongin complimented, which brought instant smiles to everyone's face.

"Yup, we sure did. Thanks Daehwi and Hyunjin for helping us!" Chan smiled as he stared at the two.

"I never even wanted to help in the first place but whatever..." Hyunjin thought to himself.

"It's our pleasure." Daehwi smiled back.

Changbin pulled out his phone to check on the time, "It's 6pm, you guys wanna go out for dinner?" He asks the group, who quickly agreed.

"Daehwi, Hyunjin?"

"We'd love to-"

"I can't." Hyunjin interrupted with a blank face, causing all eyes to focus on him.

"Why not? You busy?"

"I am."

Daehwi stared at his best friend, clearly knowing that Hyunjin was not busy today. He knew him for years and he knows that Hyunjin is never busy.

"You're no-" Daehwi tried to speak, but the boy was quick to cover his mouth.

"Sorry, maybe another time."

The boys noticed this quick action from the two.

"I think Daehwi needs to say something?" Felix unsurely spoke out as he saw the other's mouth being completely covered.

Hyunjin gave his best friend the side eye before removing his hand.

"Yah! You're not busy, why the hell are you lying?" Daehwi whispered so no one other than Hyunjin could hear.

"Tch, you think I would wanna go to dinner with them? You're very funny." Hyunjin whispered back with a sarcastic scoff.

Without another word, Daehwi dragged Hyunjin out of the party room, leaving the others clueless.

"Are you serious? You don't want to go to dinner with them?" Daehwi asked, still confused about the situation.

"No, why would I? I barely know them."

"And plus, I didn't even want to help in the first place! You dragged me in there." He continued.

"Do you still have a problem with them? And, didn't you feel something towards Chan?"

"Don't bring that up! I don't feel anything but hatred for them!"

Daehwi's eyes widened in shocked. He wasn't expecting such answer from his best friend after he came running to him, venting about his feelings.

"And...screw this stupid party! I'm not coming anymore, so don't bother picking me up!" Hyunjin shouted. But just before another word could slip out of Daehwi's mouth, Hyunjin rushed out of the school building.

He ran back home himself. He didn't care how tired he was, he just wanted to go back to his room and lay on his bed again.

Once he got home, he followed his usual routine. Locking himself inside his room and his putting his phone back on silent.

He flopped himself onto his bed and immediately went up in his thoughts.

He felt a sudden rush of guilt in him as the scene of him shouting at his best friend replayed in his mind. He didn't mean to shout, and the feeling of guilt rose on him.

He felt his phone vibrate, so he put it on do not disturb instead. He didn't even want to see the notification he received just now.

His mind replayed all the scenes that happened today. Daehwi was right, he did have some sort of feeling towards Chan, but he refused to admit it.

He absolutely hated how he felt.