chapter twenty-nine

Once Jeongin arrived at the house, he was met with Chan who was calmly sitting on the couch, as if he was waiting for the younger to be back.

"I thought you'd be in your room by now." Jeongin spoke as he took off his shoes.

"I wanted to make sure you got home safely." Chan said while looking out the window.

"Well, I did. Are you going to sleep?" The younger asks.

"Yeah...In a little bit. Go up to the room already." Chan said while standing up from the couch.

Jeongin went upstairs and once Chan heard the door closing, he went outside of the house.

"You're not fooling anyone, Rowoon. Come out now." Chan demanded in a strictly deep voice.

The boy came out from one of the bushes and instantly made eye contact with Chan.

"Why were you following Jeongin?" Chan asks, crossing his arms in the process.

"I wanted to make sure he got home safely." Rowoon responded in a mimicking tone.

"Tell me the truth. I'm not in the mood to play one of your dumb games." Chan spoke angrily.

"Fine. I saw him with Jisung at the cafe while passing by so I had to follow him if he went anywhere else." Rowoon admitted, which made Chan to have a confused look on his face.

"He was with Jisung? What were they doing?" He curiously asked.

"I don't know, I would've given away my identity if I walked into the cafe. What I do know however, was that they were talking a lot."

"I'm pretty that's what everyone does.." Chan mumbled.

"Okay well—I saw Jisung bring out a bunch of papers from his bag and I guarantee you they were discussing about whatever was on that paper."

"Papers?"

"Yup."

Chan sighed and rubbed his temples, "We'll continue this chat later."

Rowoon nodded and walked away from the house as Chan went back inside.

Jeongin was watching the two from the bedroom window.

"So there was someone following me."

;

The next day, Daehwi gave Hyunjin his pair of crutches from when he sprained his ankle.

"Here, use these."

Hyunjin grabbed them, "These are pretty short."

Daehwi sighed out of frustration, "Just shut up and use it."

Hyunjin laughed and headed towards Daehwi's car. The two were heading off to school, finally. Hyunjin's knee was still in major pain, but he had to endure it.

As soon as the two arrived at the school, they were met with Changbin who was surprisingly waiting for their arrival.

;

"Seungmin, we need to talk." Jeongin spoke and pulled the other out of the cafeteria instantly.

"What is it?" Seungmin replied as he was dragged into an empty classroom where Jisung was waiting inside.

"Jisung? You're back!"

"Yeah yeah, you can get excited after we talk." Jisung said while pulling out the papers and slamming it on the desk.

"Explain."

Seungmin looked at the papers that were slammed in front of him. It only took him a second to realize that it was his brother's information.

"How'd you get this?"

"We don't need to worry about that right now. What we do have to worry about is the fact Jiwoon is your brother!"

"I swear I have nothing to do with him." Seungmin was quick to respond.

"It doesn't matter whether you're close to him or not. He literally sexually harassed Hyunjin!"

Seungmin stayed silent, he was lost for words.

"Why are you putting all this pressure on me? The last time I talked to him was when he—" Suddenly, Seungmin stopped himself and got a flashback.

FLASHBACK

"Jiwoon stop!"

"What are you doing?!"

"Mom!"

"Stop fucking crying."

END OF FLASHBACK

"He what?"

"Never mind. But the last time I talked to him was years ago! Our mom kicked him out of the house and I never seen him since."

"What about the time you found out the voice recording was actually Jiwoon and not Hyunjin? You didn't say anything."

"I was in my thoughts, okay?! I have nothing to do with that disgusting person!" Seungmin snapped and rushed out of the classroom, angry tears forming in his eyes.

;

"He broke your knee? What a bitch." Changbin said after hearing Hyunjin's story.

"But...why don't you just go to the hospital?" He continued.

"Aish, too much work. Plus, Daehwi gave me a knee brace." Hyunjin replied, pointing his finger at his knee.

"Hyunjin, you're a pain in the butt sometimes." Daehwi told, and Hyunjin just shrugged.

;

Seungmin angrily walked around the school, searching for Jiwoon. He found the boy in the field, peacefully sitting on the bleachers.

"Jiwoon!" Seungmin shouted in full anger, causing the other to widen his eyes.

"Seungmin? Wow, long time no see." He smirked but Seungmin hated that disgusting act. He slapped him hard, causing his cheek to go red.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"How many times have I told you? Why the fuck do you keep causing trouble with other people?!" Seungmin yelled, also clenching his fists as if he was about to break the other's jaw in just a few seconds.

"What do you mean?"

Seungmin held Jiwoon from the collar of his shirt, "Just because you're not handsome enough to get a partner, doesn't mean you can force your way into having one."

"Is this talk about Hyunjin? If so, get over it."

"Get over it? You made his life miserable and you're telling me to get over it?"

"You're not him, therefore, mind your own business."

"I may not be him, but I know what it feels like, don't test me, Jiwoon."

"Or what? You're gonna call the cops like how you could've done years ago?"

"I'll make your life twice as miserable." Seungmin spoke and slapped the other again.

"I've been doing that for years already."

"You disgust me, Jiwoon."

"Heard that before."

Seungmin sighed frustratedly, "You're a monster. Finding a new person you could sexually harass after mom kicked you out of the house. You're physco."

"Don't let the past repeat itself." Jiwoon smirked.