chapter nine

The class was peaceful, just everyone minding their own business and talking to one and other. That was until some kid in the back shouted.

"Yo! There's a fight in the front of the school!" The kid shouted as his focus was still on the phone.

The students got up one by one and ran outside, curious about what was happening. Younghoon and Chanhee stared at each other before following the other students.

The only two who were left in the classroom were Hyunjin and Seungmin.

"What do you think? Should we go?" Seungmin asks the other who seemed to be frightened about the subject.

"Who's fighting?" Hyunjin asks, surprised at himself for not stuttering once he opened his mouth.

"I don't know. We need to go and see in order to know that." Seungmin replied with staring into Hyunjin's eyes.

The other stayed silent as they both made eye contact.

"Let's go look."

;

It was the middle of class and surprisingly everyone seemed to be outside, looking out to see what was happening.

There was a huge big crowd in front of the school and everyone was just pushing each other side to side, trying to get into the front to get a clear view of the fight.

Seungmin and Hyunjin seemed to be the last ones who came outside of the building.

Seungmin stared at the big crowd before looking over at the other. "It's either you follow me and don't get lost between this crowd, or I hold your hand so we don't take any risks losing each other."

"Huh?"

"You choose."

"I'll be fine with either or."

"Wait- what do you mean?"

"We're going to the front, Hyunjin. Don't you wanna see who's fighting?"

"Erm.."

"Hurry up before it ends!"

Hyunjin froze in place for a while before taking a deep breath in and suddenly grabbing Seungmin's hand, soon rushing into the crowd.

The other was shocked as he was dragged, also pushing people to the side in the process.

Soon, they've finally got a close up view of the fight. Seungmin's eyes widened as he saw who the center of attention was.

"Chan?!" The boy shout out without thinking, causing all stares to be on him for a second.

Chan side-eyed him for a second before connecting eyes with who he was fighting with again. He threw a punch at the guy right in the nose, causing blood to immediately drip down.

Before any more chaos could happen, the principal and teachers finally came along to stop the fight. They escorted the guy to the health room while Chan got yelled at by the principal. Though, Hyunjin noticed the boy didn't show any regrets or pity on his face whatsoever.

When Chan was excused, Hyunjin didn't hesitate to drag him to the side.

"Chan why were you fighting?" Seungmin asks as he followed the two.

"That guy pissed me off." Chan replied with a straight face.

Hyunjin signaled him to sit down and so he did. "How'd he piss you off?" Seungmin continued, curious about what actually happened.

"I'll explain it to you later Seungmin."

"You're bleeding.." Hyunjin softly spoke out.

Before Chan could process anything else, Hyunjin pulled up his sleeve over his hand and wiped the blood Chan had on his cheek.

Seungmin sarcastically gasped and placed his hand over his mouth after this small action of Hyunjin's.

As the boy was wiping the blood using his own jacket, Chan suddenly grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Your own jacket? Why not use mines?" He asks as he made eye contact with the other.

"Uhm.." Hyunjin was speechless about Chan's sudden touch and eye contact.

Chan let go of Hyunjin's wrist and wiped the rest of the blood with his own jacket. He smiled at him before speaking.

"Anyways, thank you." He spoke with a smile, and it made Hyunjin feel something weird in his stomach once he connected eyes with Chan once again.

"Mhm..." For some reason, Hyunjin's heart was racing and he didn't even know why.

He mumbled a small 'you're welcome' before dashing back into the school building and right into the bathroom. He locked himself in a stall and immediately fell onto his knees.

"What is this feeling? I don't like it..."

The boy tugged on his hair as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Gosh, why did I do that?! I'm so stupid.." Hyunjin mumbled as he threw his jacket off and stared at the blood stain.

He banged his head against the stall as he was surrounded in thoughts. His head was being piled up with thoughts and he didn't know what to do.

The boy got up and looked at himself through the mirror.

"Oh my gosh, why are my cheeks red? Am I sick?!"

He put his hand up to his cheeks, expecting it to be hot, but surprisingly it wasn't.

"No, I can't be sick. I'm not burning up or anything."

Hyunjin stared at himself one last time as his cheeks was a soft red color.

"What are you doing to me Chan..."