chapter eleven

Instead of walking back home, Daehwi walked to Hyunjin's house. The overwhelming thought of him worrying about Hyunjin took over him and he just needed to know if his best friend was okay or not.

He knocked on the door and it didn't take much long for it open.

"Mrs. Hwang?" The boy softly spoke out. However, it didn't take him very long to realize that Hyunjin's mother didn't seem very happy and bubbly as she would always be when he comes over.

"May I help you Daehwi?" Hyunjin's mother asks.

"Uhm, I actually came here to visit Hyunjin. Is he okay? He hasn't been replying to my texts for a few days.."

Mrs. Hwang sighed before dropping the news to Daehwi, "Me and Hyunjin got into an argument just a few days ago. I don't know how he's doing since I've never seen him leave his room after the argument."

Daehwi was left stunned. He couldn't imagine Hyunjin and his mother arguing with each other as it never rarely happens.

"What? You guys never argue though!" Daehwi felt his heart slightly shatter as he noticed the sad expression on Mrs. Hwang's face.

"I know. I guess we both were stressed that day. If you want, you are welcomed to come in and check on him."

Daehwi agreed to that idea and walked inside the house, Mrs. Hwang following behind him.

The boy slowly went up the stairs and stopped in his tracks once he reached Hyunjin's room door. He stopped for a second if he could hear anything, but it was dead silent. Completely silent that it bothered Daehwi quite a bit.

For the first time in forever, the boy was hesitant to knock on the door. Usually he would just barge in and scare Hyunjin, but today was different. He knew his best friend wasn't feeling himself, and he needed to change that.

He took a big deep breath in before knocking.

Meanwhile on the other side of the door, Hyunjin was lost in space. He didn't even know he was zoning out until he heard a knock on his door.

"I said I don't want to talk right now mother." Hyunjin spoke, assuming his mom was the one knocking.

"Uhm, Hyunjin, it's me. Daehwi." The other nervously replied.

Hyunjin immediately got out of his bed and unlocked his room door to open it.

"Daehwi?" He repeated as he saw his best friend right in front of his face.

"You haven't been answering my texts or calls for the past few days, I got worried." His best friend spoke, making Hyunjin to quickly glance at his phone that has been on silent for those few days.

"Sorry.." Was all that left Hyunjin's mouth.

"It's fine, but are you okay? You normally don't ignore my messages even when you're mad at me."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess this week just hasn't been my week."

Daehwi shrugged, "Well, the school party is on Friday, wanna come and hang with me?"

Hyunjin stood in thought for a bit. Friday was just right around the corner, and he's been thinking about this one subject for the whole week already. He figured he needed some time off this subject and get himself out of his thoughts. The school party would be a great way on how to push himself out of the thinking zone.

"Sure. What time does it start though?"

"It starts around 6pm, I can come and pick you up by then."

Hyunjin nodded and gave a slight smile. Daehwi noticed it and felt relieved that his best friend was okay and he had nothing to worry about now.

"But why haven't you been coming to school?"

Hyunjin instantly broke eye contact as soon as he heard the other.

"O-Oh that- I.."

"Hyunjin please tell me the truth. You're my best friend and I care about you a lot." Daehwi suddenly interrupted.

"It's nothing, I promise." Hyunjin lied. He refused to say anything else even when Daehwi begged him to.

;

"The party starts tomorrow come on come on!" Jeongin excitedly spoke out as the others followed him with big smiles on their faces.

"We're not even halfway done decorating the room. You can be excited when we are done!" Seungmin replied with a few giggles as he was hanging up a poster.

"Argh, not even halfway done and my arms are already so tired." Minho grumbled while sitting himself down on the ground.

"Get your ass up right now Minho!" Changbin shouted up from the ladder he was on.

"Let me rest first my guy!" Minho replied while shutting his eyes.

"We don't have much time left. This room has to be finished by tomorrow." Chan spoke, staring at everyone putting up posters and decorating the walls.

"Gosh, why did we have to be the councils of the school?! This is taking up so much of our precious time!" Minho grumbled once again.

"Aye, no complaining." Chan scolded, which made the other immediately shut his mouth.

As everyone was having little chats with one another, the door was heard, creaking open. All eyes that were currently in the room were fully focused on the door, until two more people were revealed.

"Hyunjin?" Felix quietly mumbled from his ladder.

"Daehwi! Mind helping us decorate for the party tomorrow?" Jisung asks with a warming smile on his face that Daehwi could not just reject.

"Of course! I've also brought Hyunjin along to help as well." The boy replied, causing all attention to move onto his friend.

"H-Hi.." Hyunjin stuttered, obvious that he was nervous.

"Hey! Glad you're back Hyunjin. Now let's continue decorating, we have no time to waste!"

The boy was shocked as no one jumped into sudden questions about his absence, but he was kind of relieved no one actually asked anything about it.

Well, that was all thanks to Daehwi.