chapter twenty-six

"He knows something. He's just not telling any of us." Felix said as he stuffed his mouth with rice.

"Has anyone seen Jisung though? He hasn't been answering my texts." Changbin frowned and threw his phone on the couch.

The rest of the boys also realized the situation.

"Now that I think about it...Jisung hasn't been at school either." Seungmin spoke out, his eyes wandering everywhere.

Just then, Jeongin came down the stairs, humming to the song he was listening to. Felix was the first to shift his eyes on the youngest.

Chan also brought his attention to the youngest, which also caused the rest to stare at him.

When Jeongin finally noticed, he was startled.

"Can I help you guys?" He asks while taking off his headphones he had just bought the other day.

"Jisung hasn't been at school recently, right?" Changbin asks and the youngest just scoffed.

"He's not even at the house, what do you think?"

Chan walked up to the other, "Jeongin. We all know you know something, tell us."

"Know...what? I don't know anything."

Felix had enough with the other, "You literally told me to mind my own business the other day. Of course you know something! Otherwise, why would you tell me that?" He shouted from the table, anger forming in his body.

"Maybe because you do need to mind your own business?" Jeongin argued back with a death glare.

"Alright, stop arguing." Minho sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Stop arguing?! He's obviously hiding something from us!" Felix yelled, fist slammed on the table.

Jeongin grumbled and crossed his arms, "I'm not hiding anything! There's nothing I shouldn't tell."

"Stop fucking lying."

Jeongin death glared the freckled face boy once again before turning around to roll his eyes.

;

Hyunjin had the ice pack that Jiwoon gave on his knee for an hour know and obviously, nothing changed. His knee was still in pain and overall he needed to go to the hospital, or a doctor at least.

Jiwoon was watching over the boy who was severely in pain and he only smirked.

"How you feeling?" He came around the couch and asked.

"Nothing has changed Jiwoon. I need to go to a doctor or something." Hyunjin whined and made eye contact with the boy.

"I'm not taking you anywhere, Hyunjin. Suck it up."

"Suck it up?! What if I break your knee then?"

Jiwoon grabbed back the ice pack that wasn't very useful and placed his hand on Hyunjin's broken knee, "Even if you tried, I'd break your other knee before you could even stand up."

Hyunjin grumbled and put his hands out.

"What?"

"The ice pack."

;

Jeongin stormed up to the room angrily and slammed the door shut. He threw his preciously brand new headphones to the ground and threw his phone onto the bed.

He took deep breaths before punching the wall endlessly, causing his fists to go red and soon bleed out.

"Fucking bitch." He spoke, punching the wall even harder after every word that slipped out of his mouth.

Then suddenly, the door burst open which startled Jeongin as he stopped punching the wall.

"What are you doing?" Seungmin asks, opening the door wider to have a better view of the room.

"Nothing." Jeongin quickly responded, hands behind his back as he walked closer to the other.

"Are you gonna eat dinner?" Seungmin asks again, but Jeongin shook his head.

"No. I ate earlier."

Seungmin quietly scoffed, "I'm not stupid, Jeongin."

A huff of air left the others mouth, "Alright, there'll be leftovers in the fridge if you get hungry during the night."

Seungmin closed the door and went back downstairs where the others were at. Jeongin also slowly creaked the door open and stayed right by the stairs so he could see what was going on.

Seungmin went over to the table, "He didn't eat anything today so I guarantee you he'll be hungry later on."

The boy eavesdropped on the conversation until he got bored and went back inside of the room. He looked down on his bleeding fists before going over to the bathroom to wash them.

;

Yelling filled the entire household. Glass breaking and smashing onto the floor, alcohol bottles scattered everywhere in the living room.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now, Heiran?! You could've been in jail!" Her father scolded, threatening to throw a glass of alcohol to his daughter.

"Father, you're not proud of me? We needed this money!" Heiran shouted back, throwing the brief cases she received that were filled with money.

"I know we are suffering right now Heiran, but doing something like this? What you did was illegal!" Heiran's mother joined into the argument, but keeping her calm voice even though it was obvious she was angry.

"It was just a tiny bit of drugs and tying up! It was not even that bad."

"No! The least you could do was be a decent human being and get a job!" The father yelled, smashing another alcohol bottle onto the counter, glass shattering everywhere.

"All I ever did was try to make you guys proud. My whole entire life, I dedicated myself to make you guys happy for me and treat me like an actual daughter! I have good grades like you wanted, but you never acknowledged me for it, even though you've pushed me to get better grades. I did everything and you still can't treat me like an actual daughter?!" Heiran shout, angry tears rolling down her face.

"I sacrificed my whole childhood to make you guys happy. But guess what? You guys never been proud of me, whatever I did always seemed to bother you."

Heiran's father clenched his fists, "All you did was be a burden your entire life."

"A burden?! I did everything you asked me! Everything you wanted, I made come true!"

"It was the bare minimum for every child."

Heiran furrowed her eyebrows and stormed off to her room without saying another word. She was so pissed, she didn't even want to see her parents at this point.

;

"Jeongin." A voice called out.

The said boy turned around and met eyes with Chan, leaning on the door.

"What? I'm trying to sleep." He grumbled and sat up from his bed.

Chan stepped inside the room and closed the door behind him. He sat on the edge of the other's bed, making eye contact.

"Jeongin, I have a genuine question for you." Chan softly spoke out.

"What is it?" Jeongin questioned.

"Why are you starving yourself?"

The boy was lost at words. He gulped nervously and tried to think of what to say. He was not expecting the older to be so straightforward with him.