chapter twenty-seven

"I-I uh..What makes you think I'm starving myself?" Jeongin nervously stuttered, his heart dropping to the ground.

"You're not fooling anyone, Jeongin. Telling us you ate earlier is the most oldest saying in the book." Chan replied, a concerning look plastered on his face.

Jeongin sighed and stood up from the bed, digging through one of his drawers until his hand reached the paper he was searching for.

He tossed it over to the other, who unfolded it to see what was on it.

Jeongin,
after a few days of reading this,
please alert Chan and the rest.
I won't be able to come to the house,
nor at school. I have important business
to deal with right now and I won't have
time to hangout with you all.

- Sincerely, Jisung

Chan furrowed his eyebrows as he read over the paper.

"Why didn't he want us to know about it sooner?" He asks and folded the paper back to its original position.

"I don't know." Jeongin replied, plopping himself back on the bed.

Chan let out a huff of air before leaving the room, "I'll tell the others."

Jeongin smirked, knowing he successfully changed the subject.

;

Hyunjin painfully tried to stand up, trying his best to not put any pressure on his knee. He met eyes with Jiwoon who cooked dinner for him, surprisingly.

"Is this how you're repaying me after breaking my knee?" Hyunjin spoke with an attitude that was clearly heard.

"If you word it like that, sure. Come over here." Jiwoon replied, placing the plate on the counter.

Hyunjin managed to hop his way towards the kitchen in pain, and sat down on the seat.

He scanned the food that was nicely placed on the white plate.

Sushi.

Kimchi.

Vegetables.

Jiwoon also brought a bowl of soup that was just made towards the other, along with a pair of chopsticks and a spoon.

"Eat up. I know you like all of this so don't try to act stubborn with me."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes before picking up his chopsticks and putting a sushi in his mouth, along with some kimchi and the vegetables.

"My mom could be worried sick about me, you know. She probably called the cops already."

"I told her you'll be staying with me for a while."

Hyunjin almost choked on his food after hearing what the other said, "She doesn't even know you?"

"She does now." Jiwoon smirked.

He was about to lean in for a kiss, but Hyunjin was quick to his senses and blocked him.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks, side eyeing the boy.

"It's hard to resist. You have such perfect lips, don't you think?'

"I agree, but they're not for you."

"It's fine, I already kissed them multiple times already."

Hyunjin gave Jiwoon a disgusted look before continuing to eat his dinner.

The boy then was caught by surprise once he felt his wrist getting held by another hand and his lips touching another.

"Jiwoon!" Hyunjin shouted in anger, but he was met with another lips touching his.

"I swear to fucking—Stop kissing me!"

"And what will you do if I don't? It's not like you can defend yourself with that broken knee of yours."

"So you're just taking me as advantage. I fucking hate you."

"I've been doing it all along, couldn't you tell, Hyunjin?"

The boy death glared the other before rolling his eyes with an attitude.

;

"After a few days of reading this?" Minho repeated from the letter.

"Why did he only want Jeongin to know first?" Changbin asked out of curiosity.

"I have no clue." Chan replied, staring at the hand written letter.

"I have never heard Jisung say 'important business' ever." Minho scoffed out, seeming quite annoyed.

"Welp, he hasn't answered any of our texts or calls, so he's definitely busy with something." Felix said, scrolling through all the unanswered calls he had.

"We don't know how long he'll be gone for, so let's just bring our minds somewhere else."

;

"Look, I'm not fucking gay, okay? You've done way too much already, and why are you so obsessed with me?" Hyunjin ranted, angrily placing his chopsticks on the counter.

"I have a whole list, Hyunjin. And don't bring up sexuality, we both know you're not straight." Jiwoon replied with a shrug.

"What? You're obsessed with me because of my body. I could easily call my mom right now and tell her to report all of this to the police." The boy argued.

"You've had many chances to do so, doll. Why didn't you take the opportunities?"

"Are you talking about all the times you supposedly weren't paying attention to me? I'm not stupid, I know you watch my every move." Hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't act dumb with me, Jiwoon. The time I was talking with Younghoon behind the school, you were there. The time I went to the cafe with my friends, you were also there. I believe you watch me every day, every hour."

"I'm glad you've become smarter."

"I don't know what you thought, but I am not the same boy from middle school. I've changed now, and you'll be behind bars sooner than you know it."

"Oh, really?" Jiwoon raised an eyebrow, smirking along the way.

"You may have gotten the upper hand since day one, but trust me. You underestimate me a lot, but I'll prove it to you that you've underestimated the wrong person." Hyunjin spoke with a death glance towards the other.