-2.0-

Midtown's School of Science was buzzing that Friday morning. Students were either excited for the spring break that was coming up in a week or anxious for their exams that begun next week. Either or, everyone was rushing around the halls that morning.

The front double doors of the school opened and two girls stepped into the school matching each other's relaxed smiles. A few glanced over at their entrance and were jealous of how composed the two girls were while looking effortlessly perfect. But Jocelyn and Mary Jane were used to the stares at this point, learning to embrace it rather than coward from the attention.

The girls matching black boots clicked on the halls tiles, both giggling over a story Jocelyn retold about a new thief she stopped last night. The poor criminal ran straight into a locked door, knocking him unconscious, before Jocelyn had a chance to do anything.

Mary Jane tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and shook her head, laughing faintly. "We should nominate that door to have the key to the city." She teased, walking along side her best friend towards her locker.

Jocelyn grinned and stared down at the hallway tiles while holding her textbooks in her arms. "Then the door will be taking my reputation and I'll be out of a job." She remarked earning another laugh from Mary Jane.

The girls slowed their pace and stopped in front of Mary Jane's locker. Jocelyn leaned against the locker next to hers while Mary Jane flicked her locker combination into the lock. It clicked open and she slid her bag off to tuck it inside and grab her supplies for her next class.

"But is it a job when you don't get paid for it?" Mary Jane asked raising an eyebrow, glancing at the brunette beside her.

Jocelyn pressed her lips together thinking about the point. "I get paid. Like yesterday, a woman bought me a churro when I showed her the directions to the subway." She admits proudly standing up straighter with pride.

Mary Jane laughed and shook her head, still thinking all this hero-work is simply volunteering. "Right, Aura." She teased earning a small glare from Jocelyn, from saying her vigilante name aloud. Mary Jane tucked her stuff in her locker neatly, taking out a scrunchie from her bag to tie her hair up. Using her miniature locker mirror, she slicked her hair back into a bun. "I'm just saying, maybe you could convince Mr. Stark for some citizen discount or paycheck. I'm sure he would say yes."

Jocelyn shook her head with a small frown, watching her friend finish fixing her hair in the mirror. "If I got paid, it would change the reason why I do this." She explains, referring to her life as Aura. "I do it to protect those who can't protect themselves. Not for the benefit or money. At the end of the day, it's about being someone people can rely on when they can't rely on themselves." She shrugged.

Two arms slicked around Jocelyn's waist earning a gasp from the brunette. A kiss was planted on her cheek as the arms squeezed her tightly. "And that is why you are incredible." Lucas whispered in her ear, allowing Jocelyn to instantly relax in his touch, though she was still mildly tense from the touch.

Mary Jane glanced at the couple and chuckled at their cuteness. She was genuinely happy that her best friend had settled in a relationship. Although it wasn't with the boy she assumed it would be, Jocelyn was happy and that was all Mary Jane cared about.

"Tell me something I don't know, Lucas." Jocelyn grinned, glancing over her shoulder to the boy that had her wrapped in his armsLucas smiled down at the brunette, amused from her wittiness.

"Alright, well, you snore in your sleep." He started, earning a laugh from Mary Jane and gasp from Jocelyn. Jocelyn hit his arm that rested on her stomach, playfully and Lucas chuckled and released his grip from the petite girl. He stepped next to her and kept one hand on her waist. "I'm kidding." He pressed a kiss to the side of her head.