- 30.0 -

Focus, Jocelyn sternly told herself. Her brown hair was tied back in a messy bun and a few strands whisked in front of her face that distracted her from her mission. Her eyes narrowed studiously and her unique uniform clung to her figure that was known throughout the city. She took a deep breath and licked her chapped lips anxiously while she poured the tenth cup of coffee today. When she was eventually satisfied with the poured amount, she set the pot down and filled the rest of the way with creamer. Closing the cup with a lid and sliding it across the table, the customer picked up the cup and took a generous sip.

The customer hummed in approval. "Wow, it tastes incredible! Thanks, Jocie." Mary Jane complimented exchanging the cup for a few dollar bills across the counter. Jocelyn perked up at the compliment and smiled widely, sliding the cash in the drawer and watching Mary Jane walk off towards the occupied seats against the cash register counter. Where Alex and Ned were already seated and happily nibbling away at some donuts that Michelle slipped them inconspicuously under the managers radar. 

"You poured that cup of coffee wrong." Michelle's arrogant voice spoke up behind Jocelyn. Quickly deflating her positive mood.

Jocelyn rolled her eyes and let out a defeated sigh making her posture drop. She turned around to face her dearest friend and current trainer who was making a hundredth note on her clipboard that implied her higher, yet temperamental, status. "How can someone pour a cup of coffee wrong?" Jocelyn questioned crossing her arms defensively.

Michelle shrugged and checked off something on her clipboard. "I don't know." She admitted looking up to meet her trainee's gaze. "But you figured it out." She stated bluntly.

Jocelyn groaned and their friends laughed behind the counter watching in amusement. "Come on, Michelle. Take it easy on Jocelyn. This is only like her second day." Ned spoke in Jocelyn's defence.

Michelle's eyes flickered to Ned's. "Wrong. It is her third. And she still doesn't know the coffee to creamer ratio." Michelle snapped back.

"There is a ratio?" Alex raised an eyebrow with her mouth was covered by pink frosting.

Michelle rolled her eyes and walked over to her friends on the other side of the counter, passing Alex a few napkins. Leaving Jocelyn alone but was quick to start wiping off the counters from any coffee drops that were splattered around. Alex accepted the napkins with a tight lipped grin and smeared the icing off her lips. "Yes there is a ratio." Michelle replied leaning against the counter. "We aren't named the best coffee and donut shop in Queens if there isn't a ratio."

Jocelyn rolled her eyes. "No one cares about the ratio." She muttered under her breath angrily scrubbing extra hard at one spec on the countertop.

"I heard that." Michelle snapped and wrote another note on her clipboard about Jocelyn's behaviour. Earning another groan from Jocelyn and chuckles from their friends.

Ever since exams ended in June, Jocelyn has found a lot of spare time on her hands. With her friends all occupied by their own hobbies and interests, Jocelyn realized that other than Aura, she doesn't have a lot of interests. She has attempted to continue fighting crime as Aura but found it hard with the numerous mobs approaching her during a crime scene. Which makes her job it ten times harder to do. After a very close call of almost getting jumped at a bake shop robbery, Gwen Stacy was quick to call Jocelyn and tell her to stay low for a few months. Gwen promised that she would call Jocelyn if the police force needed help but for now, just remain unseen as Aura from the media for the best of everyones sake.

That was really hard news to hear.

But since then, Jocelyn has been trying to use her time wisely. She began babysitting for her neighbours but stopped when she discovered they are anti-heroes from the numerous smack talk about Spiderman during her meetings with the parents. Then she took up knitting as a hobby. But after her three-sleeved sweater ended with two neck holes, she decided to hang up the needles for good.