-4.5-

"Listen kid," Tony spoke up fiddling with a piece of technology in front of him. He licked his bottom lip as he carefully held the tweezers in his hand while zapping it with a device held in his other. "Boys will be boys. They will make dumb comments occasionally, thinking with their wood instead of their mind." He explained, carefully zapping the technology with a burst of electricity.

Jocelyn huffed from her seat across his lab. She was sitting in a spiny chair, mindlessly rocking back and forth as she ranted to Mr. Stark about Lucas and Peter. Since her friends are biased and her family doesn't give a shit about her relationship problems, she needed to confide in someone who had no preference. Which lead her to ranting in Mr. Stark's lab about Lucas' comment from a few nights ago in the diner.

"But it was uncalled for." Jocelyn called back.

Tony nodded his head in agreement, zapping the machine again. "True and if he ever says that again, let me know and I'll show give him a lesson about surviving alone in the Arctic until he learns it was wrong." He promised earning a giggle from Jocelyn. "But he clearly felt threatened by Parker and guys tend to act out when they're threatened or jealous."

Jocelyn narrowed her eyes on Mr. Stark. "But I don't like Peter that way. Lucas shouldn't have felt threatened or jealous." She muttered confused.

Tony Stark chuckled and pulled his hands away from the machine. "Sure, kid." He laughed placing the nods down to turn around on his stool to face Jocelyn with no distractions. "I've seen you two work together. You're quite a team." He admits slapping his knees as he stood up from his seat, walking to a nearby table covered in tools.

Jocelyn's gaze followed him narrowing her eyes. "We've worked with each other for years." She defended.

Tony nodded, picking up a wrench and pointed it accusingly at the teenage girl. "Which is why you two work so well with another. You know another's thoughts, movements, and attacks before the other thinks it. The exact things that make an excellent duo." He explained walking back over to his machine.

Jocelyn slumped in the chair and crossed her arms defensively. "I-I don't like him." She muttered out, narrowing her eyes on Tony as he got back to work.

He chuckled. "I never said otherwise." He stated but his grin was implying that he thought differently.

The glass doors to Tony's lab slid open and in walked a familiar red-head woman. The casual smile was on her red lips as she strode towards Tony with a knowing look after seeing Jocelyn's pouting expression. Jocelyn glanced at her in the corner of her eye, desperate for her help. Pepper Potts simply smiled assuringly, her red lips matching the red blazer suited over her white blouse. She looked like perfection as usual.

"Tony, stop pestering the girl about her love life. No one wants to talk to you about that." Pepper explains, walking over towards her husband picking up a water bottle as she passed his desk.

Tony stopped his working and stood up straight with a slight glare while taking the water bottle from his wife's hands. "Why am I getting attacked? Avatar over there asked for my help on the topic. I would like to declare for an official apology and an official title as the 'best advice giver', while we're at it." He stated seriously, glancing between the two girls.

Pepper grinned and kissed his lips softly, making Jocelyn grimace at the sight of the two she considered second parents kiss in front of her. She covered her eyes, not willing to put herself through that pain.

"I'm too young to see something so gross." Jocelyn protested.

Pepper and Tony pulled back to see the teenager hiding her eyes in her palms in fear. Pepper chuckled and Tony rolled his eyes, slinging an arm around the woman beside him. "Please, kid. I've seen you tear an alien in half while covered in alien guts. A lil' smooch is no where near that."