- 16.0 -

{A/N: I'd advise listening to Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur for this chapter. xxx}

It has only been three days since Jocelyn has been grounded and it has been the longest three days of her life. She has accomplished nothing in the past three days other than beating her personal record of sleeping for eleven hours straight, binge watching more episodes of Friends than the healthy amount, and ate so much cereal she can't look at it now without gagging.

To say the past few days have been boring would have been an underestimation. Jocelyn's grounding includes no phone, limited television time, and numerous chores to do. When her television time is done and her chores are accomplished, Jocelyn finds herself in her bed curled up with a book she had previously red. This weeks book was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

She obviously misses her friends dearly. Since her dad practically dragged her out of the airport, she could only wave her friends goodbye since she dedicated majority of her time to Peter.

Peter.

He was someone who was constantly on her mind. When a certain song came on in her playlist, she would wonder if Peter would like it. When she laughed while watching another episode of Friends, she questioned whether Peter would find it funny. When she slipped into his hoodie every night before bed, she wondered if he was missing her as much as she missed him.

They weren't girlfriend or boyfriend. But they also weren't just friends. 

So much had happened in the past week, neither of them have been able to discuss what exactly they were. But that didn't matter in Jocelyn's eyes. Because she liked him and he liked her back.

That was all Jocelyn had wanted since she was eight.

Flipping the page of her book, her bottom lip was sunk between her teeth in suspense as her eyes danced over the white page. She sat on her grey bedsheets with her knees drawn to her chest, holding her book in place. Her back rested against the headboard of her bed and a small lamp on her bedside table illuminated the room. The window beside her bed had the purple drapes were open to reveal the darkened sky outside. It was raining about an hour ago so the city was damp from the previous rainfall, staining her window of small droplets.

Jocelyn's brown hair was tied back in a messy bun. Her face was free of any makeup, not having any human interaction other then her dad, Ellie, and Larissa who came by for dinner last night. Since no one would see her, she didn't bother with her appearance. She wore grey knee high socks with white poka-dots on them. Around her neck was the necklace Peter gifted her a few days prior which she refused to take off. Grey small shorts were hidden underneath Peter's hoodie that comforted her. Every time she inhaled, she smelt Peter's scent on the hoodie and felt her heart skip a beat.

Her left arm was placed over her chest still in a sling almost fully healed. It was one of the few physical reminders on her of what happened in London. The cut on her cheek and above her eye were almost fully healed, just having a scar in its place instead. Her neck was healed of all bruising but still had a small scar on it. Her body still ached every time she moved but luckily, she has magical powers that doesn't require her to move other than a flick of a wrist.

A talent that Ellie has been glaring at in envy recently.

Yawning softly, her head fell to her shoulder reading the next page. Her room was closed but she could hear the television playing from the living room. They had dinner roughly an hour ago and after she helped with the dishes, she disappeared into her room.

Her eyes flickered from word to word in excitement, knowing what was happening next but always loved reading it again on a page. Flipping the page with a glimmer in her eyes, she physically jumped when a small ting was heard at her window. Glancing beside her, her eyes narrowed trying to adjust to the darkness to search for the source of the sound.