- 24.0 -

- Saturday -
(Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli)

Everyone was busy packing up their things since the break of dawn. Mr. Harrington was busy packing up his own things and running the first aid as many students were getting small cuts and slivers through their packing. Tomorrow all of their parents would be coming down to pick them up meaning it was the end of their Decathlon trip and Mr. Harrington was making sure everything was running smoothly. He didn't want any parents thinking anything poorly of him. Regardless of the dozens of times he let students wander the campsite alone, almost got lost in the forest that one hike, and over half of the students were struggling from horrible sunburns. Yet, no one died or was injured. 

So Mr. Harrington saw that as a win.

Some were excited to go back to the city life and escape the country life, mainly those who had sunburns. But for Jocelyn and her friends, they were was dreading it. After this trip their graduation was next which meant Lucas would be leaving shortly after. Making their group slightly smaller than before.

Alex was complaining the entire day of packing about how pointless it was to fold clothes when she would be washing them all when she got home. Mary Jane was making laps to help out everyone when packing and spend some extra time with Ned. In this past week, Jocelyn noticed how closer Mary Jane and Ned were. They had some inside jokes that no one else knew about, would sit beside another every night around the fire, and wore constant blushes on their cheeks. Although it was quite obvious something was happening between the two, no one said anything. Mary Jane and Ned were both introverted people. If confronted, they might get scared off and no one wanted that.

Michelle seemed to be doing her own thing the entire day. She was barely seen other than transferring luggage around. Otherwise, she was in her tent reading being happily introverted. And Lucas was deep in the forest practicing some new moves he learned from Wanda a while ago, finishing his packing a while ago since he didn't pack a lot compared to Alex.

Peter, though, rarely left Jocelyn's side the entire day.

Every time Jocelyn tried to do some heavy lifting, Peter would interfere and take care of it. Jocelyn promised that she could pack up her things on her own and didn't need his help but Peter insisted. He wanted to spend as much time with Jocelyn as possible before her dad arrived tomorrow. Once they get home to Queens, they won't have as much time together. With graduation around the corner, Peter being the valedictorian and Jocelyn being granted an award for School Citizenship from her help during her time at Midtown, the two had their own speeches to prepare. Meaning they wouldn't have a lot of time together. And Peter dreaded that.

"Alright, that's everything except my tent, sleeping bag, and backpack." Jocelyn wiped sweat off her forehead looking at her organized cooler and duffle bag that was packed of all of her things.

Peter stood beside her with his hands on his hips examining the work done. He nodded proudly and looked at his girlfriend who looked exhausted from packing all day. The sun was beginning to descend from the busy day of packing; the day moving far too quickly for Peter's liking. But he would make every second count.

"I can't believe the trip is already done." He muttered under his breath slinging one of his arms over Jocelyn's shoulder.

Jocelyn leaned into his touch, focusing on how comforting his touch was over how sweaty they both were. "It's not over yet. We still have tonight." She smiled up at him giving his side a small nudge.

Peter looked down at her and a smile tugged on his lips. "And I will cherish every second." He teased earning a giggle from Jocelyn.

"Yo losers!" Michelle shouted at them from across the campsite. The couple tore their gazes away from another to see the brunette approaching them holding something in either hand. Upon approaching, she extended her arms to reveal peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in either hand. "Thought you two could use a snack before Abe eats them all." The corner of her mouth lifted into a smile, glancing over her shoulder to the boy who was shamelessly snacking away at the small snack table Mr. Harrington set up earning glares from other starving students.